and to keep American workers and companies from being cheated out of contracts by countries
讓美國的員工和企業不再受到各國契約的欺騙。
that break the rules and break every regulation in the book to take advantage of the United States.
這些國家破壞規則,破壞已制定的規則而從美國獲益。
That's not going to happen anymore.
這將不會再發生。
I also took action to reform our immigration system so that it puts the needs of American workers first
我也要采取措施改革我們的移民體系,因此這將把美國員工的需要放在第一位
the duty of government is to represent the citizens of the United States, and that is what we will do.
政府的責任是代表美國的公民,這是我們將要做的。
Whether it's removing job-killing regulations, protecting our borders, or unleashing American energy,
是否去除傷害就業的規則,保衛我們的邊境,或者釋放美國能源的力量,
we are keeping our promises and delivering for the American Worker.
我們在繼續信守我們的承諾,并將它傳遞給美國的員工。
During my visit, I talked about how America is a nation that honors work.
在我的行程中,我談到,美國是個鼓勵工作的國家。
We honor grit. We honor craftsmanship.
我們向堅韌致敬。我們向技術致敬。
We honor the skilled trades people who turn rock and steel and iron and cement into works of art and grace and beauty.
我們向熟練技工致敬,他們將巖石,鋼鐵和水泥變成優雅與美的藝術品。
There's tremendous talent there, believe me.
相信我,這里有著史無前例的天賦。
The wrench and ratchet are not only tools,
扳手和棘輪不僅僅是工具,
but instruments that help build cities out of deserts and send ships across the ocean.
而且是在沙漠中建設城市,將船只送到各大洋的武器。