The initial example is really my mother.
最初的例子就是我的母親
She came from a generation where the main function of the wife was to help her husband in the job.
她來自妻子的主要功能就是在工作上幫助丈夫的年代
And my sisters are fully as smart as I am.
我的姐妹們和我一樣聰明
They got better personalities than I had,
他們比我擁有更好的人格
but they got the message a million different ways that their future was limited,
但她們從通過各種方式認識到了她們的未來是有限的
and I got the message that the sky is the limit
我認識到天空是有限的
and it wasn't due to a lack of love or anything of the sort.It just,it was the culture.
不是因為缺乏關愛等等 就是文化使然
On the other hand,you can look at the flip side of that and say it's quite encouraging,
另一方面 你可以從對立面來看 非常令人振奮
because if you look at what this country accomplished only using half of its talent,
因為這個國家就使用了它一半的人才
just think of the potential for the future.
你就會發現未來的潛力
I'm enormously bullish on America over the future and part of the reason is that we,
我對美國的未來很看好 一部分原因是
by some rather stupid decisions, essentially put half our talent on the sidelines.
由于一些錯誤的原因 讓我們一半的人才成為了旁觀者
Warren is probably the most rational person I've ever met.
沃倫可能是我見過的最為理性的人
Charlie Munger would be a close rival.
查理芒格可能差不多
And Charlie became a man that Warren depended on heavily
查理成為沃倫最為倚重的人
and I think his first experiences in the discarded-cigar-butt era
我認為 他在煙頭股上的初次體驗
convinced him that it was not exactly where he wanted to be.
使他相信這不是他真正想要的