Be sincere.A good smile has the same effect as a puppy's tail. When a puppy wags
真誠 好的笑容和狗的尾巴一樣有用 當小狗搖尾巴時
They made us do all these crazy things to get out of ourselves,and so we stood on tables and did all kinds of things.
他們會做出種種瘋狂的事來逃避自身 所以我們站在桌子上做各種事情
If I hadn't had done that...my whole life would have been different.
如果我沒完成那課程 我的整個人生可能就會不同
So in my office you will not see the degree I got from the University of Nebraska.
所以在我辦公室不會看見我在內布拉斯加大學獲得的學位
You will not see the Masters degree I got from Columbia University,
你也不會看見我在哥大獲得的碩士學位
but you'll see the little award certificate I got from the Dale Carnegie Course.
但你會看見我在戴爾卡內基課程中獲得的小小證書
As a matter of fact, every week,
事實上 每個周末
the instructor would give a pencil to whoever had done the most with what we'd learned the week before.
教員都會給上周完成最多的學員一支鉛筆
And so in the fourth or fifth week,
所以在第四第五周
I proposed to her mother,and she said yes. And so that week,I won the pencil, I also got engaged,and it was an incredible week.
我向孩子她媽求婚 她同意了 所以那周 我贏得了鉛筆 也訂婚了 那是令人難以置信的一周
The wedding date was kind of interesting,because I couldn't see anything without my glasses,
結婚日也很有趣 因為我不戴眼鏡什么都看不見
and I was so nervous that I--I just decided to take off my glasses and I wouldn't be able to see all those people out there.
所以我很緊張 我只想拿掉眼鏡 我無法看見那些人
She was 19 when we got married and I was 21.
我們結婚時她19歲 我21歲
but she was so much more mature than I was.There was no comparison.
但是她比我成熟 沒有可比性