Warren was, at that time,dealing with small companies,
沃倫當時與小公司談生意
and his investments often were to buy a company that you could figure was a discarded cigar butt,
他的投資通常是購買形如煙頭的公司
but it had one more smoke in it,
但是有人還在吸
and he wanted to buy at the right time to be able to benefit from the one smoke.
他想要在正確的時候買 從那個抽煙的人身上獲利
The first partnership started with 105,100 dollars.
合伙企業以105100美元起步
I put up the 100, and the other people put up the 105,000.
我投入100 其他人投入105000
And then at the start of 1962, I moved to Kiewit Plaza.
接著在1962年之初 我搬到了基偉大廈
And by the time I moved to Kiewit Plaza, we had 7 million dollars invested,and a fair amount was profits.
在我們搬到基偉大廈之時 我們已經投資了700萬美元 盈利數量可觀
I was then renting a house. I never owned a house to that point.
接著我租了一套房子 我那時沒有房子
And then two years later,I bought the house I live in today in 1958.
兩年后 我1958年買下了我現在住的房子
We had three children, Susie and I.
我們有三個孩子 還有蘇西和我
And we had 'em young, incidentally, which was I think was a very good thing.
我們年輕時生了他們 我覺得很好
My daughter Susie was born here.
我的女兒蘇西在這里出生
I named her Susie just like that, as soon as I looked at her,because she looked just like her mother,And she was a cinch.
我看到她時我就給她起了蘇西這個名字 因為她長得像她的母親 她是小事一樁
And then Howie was, you know, this absolute bundle of energy,
而豪伊就擁有相當的能量了
which made things very difficult for big Susie for a while.
對我妻子蘇西就很困難
Peter again reverted back to Susie's personality,and he was an easy child.
皮特則又回到蘇西的個性 他是個簡單的孩子