Listen, Warren is smarter than you even know.
聽著 沃倫比你想得還要聰明
His brain is going all the time.
他的腦袋一直在轉
And my dad said to me,
我父親和我說
Now you have to understand about him.
現在你要理解他
you're not going to have discussions with him like you would most normal people,but he has a heart of gold.
你不能像和大多數正常人講話一樣和他說話 但他有一顆金子般的心
He was just totally enamored of her,and why not? And she of him.
他對妻子很迷戀為什么不呢 她對他也是如此
She'd sit on his lap all the time, and he'd stroke her hair.
她會一直坐在他的膝蓋上 他輕撫著她的頭發
It was softening him.
這軟化了他
Susie was really kind, considerate,and she was the balancing force.
蘇西非常善良 體貼 她就是那種平衡的力量
I just got very, very, very lucky.
我非常非常幸運
But I was a lopsided person,
但我是一個非常不平衡的人
and it took a while, but she just stood there with a little watering can
這需要一段時間 但她就拿著小水壺
and just nourished me along and,and changed me.
為我澆灌 改變了我
Somebody once said that the chains of habit
有人曾說興趣的鏈條之輕
are too light to be felt until they're too heavy to be broken.
無法感受 除非你去重重的破壞它
I had been terrified of public speaking.
我曾害怕當眾演講
I couldn't do it.I'd throw up.
我做不到 我會嘔吐
And I knew if I didn't cure it then, I'd never cure it.
我知道我如果不治就治不好了
And so I saw an ad in the paper for the Dale Carnegie Course,
所以我看到了報紙上戴爾卡內基課程的廣告
which worked on developing your ability to speak in public,and I went down there.
那是開發人當眾說話能力的 所以我就去了