And then at home, my mother would have terrific headaches,
在家的時候 我的母親會有嚴重的頭疼
and you didn't want to be around her when she was having the headaches,
在她頭疼的時候 你不會想在她身邊
and she would,she would lash out more. She would never do it in public.
她會亂摔某些東西 她從不會當眾這樣做
Well, I think we were terrified of her.
我覺得我們很害怕她
When I'd wake up in the morning,
當我早上醒來
I'd listen to hear her voice. I could tell by her voice if it was going to be a terrible day or not.
我會聽到她的聲音 我能通過她的聲音 分辨出今天是否糟糕
When she got difficult,the three children felt it.
但她遇到困難時 三個孩子都能感受到
When I was at the low point, sort of, I decided that I would run away.
當我在低谷時 我覺得 我覺得我會逃離
So I talked two other guys into running away with me.
所以我叫其他兩個人和我一起走
We went out,and we start hitchhiking...
我們出去搭順風車
and then we got picked up by the highway patroland that scared the hell out of us.
我們被高速公路巡警帶上了 那可把我們嚇壞了
It's very interesting.My dad never really gave me hell about doing this,
那非常有趣 我的父親從來不因為這個訓斥我們
but he finally said, "You know,"he said, "you can do better than this."
但他最后說 你們知道的 你們可以比這做的更好
And just saying that, I mean, I,I felt like I was letting him down, basically.
我的意思是 我感覺我讓他失望了
So in all ways, he was teaching me.
所以他一直在讓我受到教誨
Never taught by telling me things,he just taught by example.
不是用告知我的方式來教育我 他通過舉例來進行
He had unlimited confidence in me, even when I screwed up,and that takes you a long, long way.
他對我有無限的信心 甚至在我搞砸的時候 那對你來說會是很長的路