He was very good-natured.He was quiet.
他脾氣好 安靜
It was hard to tell he was a genius at that point, but I mean,who was looking?
當時還很難察覺出他是個天才 但是誰又會注意到他
The first books I read on investment were actually in my dad's office.
我第一次讀有關投資的書是在我父親的辦公室里
Pretty soon, I read all the books in the office and read some of them more than once.
很快 我就讀完了他辦公室里所有的書 有的書讀了不止一次
My dad had various nicknames for me.
我的父親給我起了很多綽號
He'd call me "Fireball" sometimes,because I'd start little businesses.
他有時會叫我“火球” 因為我開始了一點小生意
He didn't care about money at all.
他根本不在乎錢
He believed very much in having an inner scorecard and never worry about what other people are thinking about you.
他很相信有內部評分卡的存在 而且從來不擔心別人如何看你
You know, just,just,if you know why you're doing what you're doing, that's good enough.
你知道 如果你知道你為什么要做你正在做的事 那就足夠了
I admired everything about him to the extent that I was absorbing lessons from him without knowing it.
我仰慕他的全部 以至于我一直能從他那里學到東西
And the idea that all lives have equal value is something that all three of his children felt since I can remember.
從記事起 三個孩子都明白 人人生來平等這個道理
My dad at one point ran for congress when I was 12 or so.
我父親在12歲時為國會的事情奔波
It was a very republican household.
這是一個非常傾向與共和黨的家庭
I campaigned for him. My sisters campaigned for him.The whole family did.
我為他助選 我姐妹為她助選 全家都為他助選
My mother was very, very bright,and she was very gregarious. She was a good campaigner for my dad.
我母親非常非常聰明 她非常懂得社交 她是一名很好的競選伙伴
She had a lot of ambition, and I think my brother Warren got a lot of his extreme competitiveness from my mother, actually.
她有很多抱負 我覺得我的哥哥沃倫從我母親那里繼承了很多競爭力