This is one,1929 obviously.
這很明顯是1929年的
But I wanted to put on the walls days of extreme panic in Wall Street,
但想要把華爾街真正恐慌的年代放在墻上
just as a reminder that anything can happen in this world.I mean it.
作為世界上任何事都可能發生的提醒 我是認真的
it's instructive art you can call it.
這是具有啟發性的藝術
I was born in 1930 here in Omaha, Nebraska,during the stock market crash.
我1930年出生于內布拉斯加的奧馬哈
My dad lost his job in 1931, a year after I was born.
我父親在我出生一年后 1931年時丟掉了工作
He was a stock salesman,
他是一名股票交易員
and he had what little savings he had in the bank,and so he started his own company.
他在銀行里有點存款 所以他開了自己的公司
He worked right through the depression.
他經歷了大蕭條
He had an investment company,
他擁有一家投資公司
and as an adult when I looked back,I thought, "Wow, did that ever take a lot of nerve."
作為一個成年人 我想 這要擁有多大的勇氣
Sometimes we'd go down there on Sunday,and we could play with the adding machine.
有時我們周日會去玩 我們會玩算術計算機
My brother and I tended to play the games together.
我的兄弟和我喜歡一起玩游戲
And I remember at one point he said to me,
我記得當時他和我說
"I'm going to be a millionaire by the time I'm... 30," or something like that.
我要在我30歲前成為一名百萬富翁 或是此類的話
It was totally outside of anything my family had experienced,but he just was unusual that way.
那超出了我們家所經歷的 但是他不走尋常路
Well, I was the oldest, and then my brother and then my sister.
我是最大的 然后是我的弟弟和妹妹
And my father would go to New York periodically to check on businesses, stocks, and things like that,
我父親會定期去紐約 查看他的業務 股票之類的事情
and he'd come back, he'd always have a costume for each of us,and Warren loved it.
他在回來時會給我們每人帶一件衣服 沃倫很喜歡那些衣服