Dialogue 1
Jingjing: You've been working this guy for nearly 10 minutes, what, no sale yet?
京晶:你已經和這個攤主講價講了近10分鐘了,怎么著,還沒砍下來嗎?
Mark: Ten minutes down the drain, the guy is really worth his salt in negotiations.
馬克:10分鐘都白費了,這個攤主真的很善于談判講價。
Vendor: So, what's your decision? I'm firm at 500. I'm afraid it's a take it or leave it deal.
攤主:怎么樣,你決定了嗎?我要價500不能再低了,你要不買的話恐怕也沒辦法了。
Mark: Come on, let's bust this stalemate. I told you I can't do it for more than 400, it's impossible.
馬克:別啊,讓我們打破僵局吧,我已經告訴您了,我最多只能付400,500不可能。
Jingjing: With all due respect, I think he's taking you for a ride, you know the rules, walk away, he'll call you back.
京晶:恕我直言,我覺得他在騙你,你知道的,只要你一走開,他就會立刻把你叫回來的。
Mark: No, not this time, I want this piece, I know exactly what it's worth and I know he's chiseling me out of a hundred kuai. Okay, I tell you what, you want 500? I'll give you 450, last offer.
馬克:不,這次不行,我必須得到這個東西。我非常清楚它值多少錢,而且我知道他想賺我100塊錢。好吧,這樣吧,你不是想要500嗎?我給你450,這是我最大的讓步了。
Vendor: No can do, 500 is the bottom price, and to be honest, I like you and I don't want to continue our heckling.
攤主:不行,500就是最低價了。而且跟你講實話,我很喜歡你,我不想再繼續和你爭了。
Mark: Tell you what, my friend and I will take a walk for an hour so you can think things over.
馬克:那這樣吧,我和我的朋友先去逛一個小時,你可以想一想。
Vendor: You can walk the length of the Great Wall, I'm telling you 500 is the price.
攤主:就算你爬一個萬里長城回來,我還是這個價。
Jingjing: Mark, just do it! It's a really nice ring. I think 500 is worth it. It's a no win situation, just give him the money and let's leave.
京晶:馬克,你就同意了吧,這戒指挺漂亮的,我覺得500也值,這么吵下去,你也贏不了他。給他500咱們走吧。
Mark: Okay, you win, I'll take it for 500.
馬克:好吧,你贏了,500給你。
New words: 習語短語
to work somebody=企圖和某人砍價
down the drain=白白浪費,通常用于錢和時間
worth one's salt=勝任的,非常有能力的
firm=堅定不變的
take it or leave it=最低價格,不買走人
take someone for a ride=欺騙某人
to chisel=欺騙
the bottom price=最低價
to heckle=激烈爭吵
no win (situation)=不可能贏的局面
Dialogue 2
Mark is testing his bargaining skills in the Silk Market, Jingjing plays the part of the Vendor.
馬克正在秀水市場檢驗他的砍價技巧,京晶扮演商販的角色。
Mark: Hey, what are you asking for that fabric?
馬克:嘿,老板,這料子多少錢?
Vendor: I'll let it go for 600 kuai.
攤主:這賣600。
Mark: I think you jacked up the price, 600 is unreasonable. I'll give you 400 for it, what do you say?
馬克:我覺得你價格抬太高了,600太貴了,我給你400行不行?
Vendor: You know the price and it's sticking. If you're short, why don't you go scrounge up the change from your friends.
攤主:一口價600。如果你錢不夠的話,不如管你的朋友們討點零錢用唄。
Mark: Very funny. Look, I know you'll let it go for 500, so let's just quit the haggling.
馬克:呵呵,這樣吧,我知道你500能賣,咱們就別再討價還價了。
Vendor: No haggling, I'm firm at 600.
攤主:沒跟你開玩笑,就是一口價600。
Mark: Come on, play fair! 500 is a good price!
馬克:別這樣,憑良心講,500的價格不錯了。
Vendor: Sorry, but not with this item, this is a fine piece of silk.
攤主:但對于這件商品來說不是,這可是上好的絲綢。
Mark: Okay, how about this, I'll meet you halfway and give you 550?
馬克:好吧,那這樣怎么樣,我讓一步,給你550?
Vendor: Hmm... Okay, I think that sounds fair. Here you go.
攤主:嗯,好吧,聽起來還算公平,賣給你了。
New words: 習語短語
let (it) go=賣,出價
jack up (a price)=抬高價格
stick=不會改變
scrounge up=討要,索取,借了就沒打算還
quit the haggling=停止討價還價
play fair=誠實公平一些,按規則辦事
meet someone halfway=各讓一步而達成一致,令雙方都滿意