I like numbers.
我喜歡數字
It started before I could remember.
從我記事前就開始了
It just felt good,working with numbers.
與數字共處感覺很棒
I was always playing around with numbers in one-way or another.
我一直在以某種方式和數字一起玩耍
And it was fun to have a bunch of guys over and have them betting on which marble would reach the drain first.
有一群家伙在一起 賭誰的彈珠先滾下 真的很有趣
I had a lot of energy as a kid.
小孩要有很多的能量
I,I was inquisitive,and I was the youngest one always in the class, cause I'd skip.
我很有好奇心 我是班級里最年輕的 因為我是跳級的
I've always been competitive.
我一直很好強
I liked to read more than most kids.
我比大多數孩子讀書都要多
I really like to read a lot.
我真的很喜歡讀很多書
My Aunt Edie gave me a copy of "The World Almanac" and that was heaven to me.
我的姑母給了我一本世界年鑒的復印本 那對我來說太重了
And I can still tell you that Omaha's population was 214,006 in 1930.
我仍然能夠告訴你 1930年奧馬哈的人口是214,006
Some numbers just kind of stick with you.
某些數字就是與你保持聯系
And very early, probably when I was seven or so,
很早的時候 大概7歲時
I took this book out of the Benson Library called "A Thousand Ways to Make a 1,000 dollars."
我從本森圖書館帶出一本書 名叫賺一千美元的一千種方法
And one of the ways in this book was having penny weighing machines.
書中的方法之一 就是擁有一臺投幣體重計
And I sat and calculated how much it would cost to buy the first weighing machine,
我坐下來算了算我要花多少錢去購買第一臺體重計
and then how long it would take for the profit from that one to buy another one, and I would sit there
然后賺出的利潤購買下一臺需要多長時間
and create these compound interest tables to figure out how long it would take me to have a weighing machine for every person in the world.
我會坐在那里做復利表 去計算讓世界上每個人擁有一臺體重計需要多長時間