70 years ago, I was in high school.
70年前 我還在讀中學
Almost a third as long as the country has been around.
大概就讀了我應該讀的三分之一那么長
And when I was in high school,I really only had two things on my mind.girls and cars.
當我在中學時 我腦子里只有兩件事 女孩和車
And,and I wasn't doing very well with girls,so we'll talk about cars.
我和女孩處得不是很好 所以我們談車
But lets just imagine that when we finish,
但想象一下當我們討論結束的時候
I'm going to let each one of you pick out the car of your choice.
我打算讓你們選你們想要的車
Sounds good, doesn't it?
聽起來不錯 不是嗎
Pick it out, any color, you name it,
選出來 什么顏色 記下來
it'll be tied up with a bow, and it'll be at your house tomorrow.
弄好了 明天就送到你家
And you say, "Well, what's the catch?"
你會問 你想說什么
And the catch is...that it's the only car you're going to get in your lifetime.
我想說的就是 這是你一生中你獲得的唯一一輛車
Now what are you going to do, knowing that that's the only car
那現在你知道了這是你一輩子
you're ever going to have and you love that car?
唯一一輛車 你也很喜歡他 你要做什么
You're going to take care of it like you cannot believe.
你要去好好愛護它
Now what I'd like to suggest is that you're not going to get only one car in your lifetime,
現在我想建議你的是 你不會在你一生中只擁有一輛車
but you're gonna get one body and one mind,and that's all you're going to get.
但你只有一個身體和一個大腦 那是你所擁有的
And that body and mind feels terrific now,but it has to last you a lifetime.
身體和大腦現在感覺良好 但它要跟你一輩子