You know, how much you use instant messaging apps and how little you use email.
你們用多少即時通信軟件用多少郵件,自己很清楚
And you guys are probably, on the high end of the scale for email, because you're in Silicon Valley.
你們這些大學生可能用郵件還算多的因為你們在硅谷這
That being said, on email the things to think about.
用郵件進行推送時要考慮一下實際情況
Email, SMS, and push notifications all behave the same way.
郵件,短信以及推送通知異曲同工
They all have questions of deliverability.
它們都有局限性
So to finish first, first you have to finish.
要想最先完成,首先必須完成
Your email has to get to someones inbox.
你的郵件要發到用戶的收件箱
So if you send a lot of spam and you end up with dirty IP's,
如果你發大量的垃圾郵件,你的IP就會被拉入黑名單
or you send spam from shared servers where other people are.
如果你使用公共服務器發送垃圾郵件
Or if you send email notifications, from shared servers where other people are sending spam from,
哦,不對,你發送的是正常的郵件而別人用同樣的服務器發送垃圾郵件
you are gonna end up being put in the spam folder consistently, and your email will fail completely.
你發的郵件會經常進入垃圾郵件箱客戶根本不會看你的郵件
You may end up, being blocked and have your email bounce.
你的郵件會被封殺或退回
There's a lot of stuff around email where you have to look.
使用郵件,這些事情需要注意
When you receive feedback from the servers you are sending email too.
如果你收反饋和發消息郵件用的是同一個郵件服務器
500 series errors versus 400 series errors, you have to be respectful of how those are handled.
會出現400或500系列的錯誤你不得不接受
If someone gives you a hard bounce, retry once or twice and, then stop trying.
如果有收件人退回了你的郵件再試一兩次,如果還是行不通,就罷手吧
Because if you are someone who abuses people's inboxes,
因為,一旦你被認定是發騷擾郵件
the email companies spam folder you and it's very hard to get out.
郵件公司會把你列為垃圾郵件發送者,你就難以翻身了
If you get caught, on a Spamhaus link, or anything like that, it's very hard to get out.
一旦你被抓住,列入了Spamhaus中你就難以翻身了
It's really important with email, that you are a high-class citizen, that you do good work with email
這點對于郵件推送很重要你要文明使用郵件使用郵件做正當的事
because you want to have deliverability for the long run.
因為你要從長遠角度考慮,持續推送消息
That counts for push notifications and SMS2.
上述內容同樣適用于推送通知和短信
With SMS, you can go and buy SMS traffic,
使用短信的話,你可以通過灰色手段
via gray routes with people with their having phones strung up.
購買短信包,從事此行當的人將手機和電腦綁定
Attached to a like computer and pumping out SMS's.
使用電腦發送短信
That works for a time but it always get shut down.
這樣做一段時間還行,不過最終會弄砸
And I've seen so many companies make these mistakes.
我見過很多公司犯過這樣的錯誤
Where they think they're gonna grow by using these kind of tactics.
他們認為通過這樣的手段能獲取增長