"I worry about Fern," she said.
“我為弗恩擔心,”她說,
"Did you hear the way she rambled on about the animals, pretending that they talked?"
“你聽到她嘟嚕嘟嚕談那些動物了嗎?說得好象它們會講話似的。”
Mr. Arable chuckled. "Maybe they do talk," he said.
阿拉布爾先生格格笑。“也許它們真會說話,”他說,
"I've sometimes wondered. At any rate, don't worry about Fern
“我有時候也懷疑它們是不是會說話。反正不用為弗恩擔心
she's just got a lively imagination.
一切只是出于她活靈活現的想象。
Kids think they hear all sorts of things."
小娃娃以為他們聽到了各種東西。”
"Just the same, I do worry about her," replied Mrs. Arable.
“我還是真為她擔心,”阿拉布爾太太回答說,
"I think I shall ask Dr. Dorian about her the next time I see him.
“下一回我看到多里安醫生,我想問問他弗恩這事。
He loves Fern almost as much as we do,
他幾乎和我們一樣愛弗恩,
and I want him to know how queerly she is acting about that pig and everything.
我要讓他知道,她對于那只小豬和所有事情的舉動有多么古怪。
I don't think it's normal.
我認為這不正常。
You know perfectly well animals don't talk."
你很清楚,動物不會說話的。”
Mr. Arable grinned. "Maybe our ears aren't as sharp as Fern's," he said.
阿拉布爾先生咧開嘴笑。“也許我們的耳朵沒有弗恩的尖。”他說。