CHAPTER 27
第27章
Going like the wind, Pinocchio took but a very short time to reach the shore.
像風一般,皮諾喬很快就到達了海岸。
He glanced all about him, but there was no sign of a Shark. The sea was as smooth as glass.
皮諾喬放眼眺望,可是根本沒有看見有鯊魚的跡象。大海平靜得像一面鏡子。
"Hey there, boys! Where's that Shark?" he asked, turning to his playmates.
“喂,孩子們!鯊魚在哪兒?”他轉臉問他的玩伴。
"He may have gone for his breakfast," said one of them, laughing.
“它可能吃早飯去了,”一個同學笑著說。
"Or, perhaps, he went to bed for a little nap," said another, laughing also.
“要不,就是上床去小睡了,”另一個同學也笑著說。
From the answers and the laughter which followed them, Pinocchio understood that the boys had played a trick on him.
皮諾喬聽了這些回答和嘲笑,知道這些男孩捉弄了他。
"What now?" he said angrily to them. "What's the joke?"
“現在想怎樣?”他氣乎乎地對他們說。“你們在笑話什么?”
"Oh, the joke's on you!" cried his tormentors, laughing more heartily than ever, and dancing gayly around the Marionette.
“噢,笑話你!”那些壞蛋叫到,他們歡快的圍繞著木偶跳著,笑得更開懷了。
"And that is?" "That we have made you stay out of school to come with us.
“那這是...?”“讓你不去上學,讓你跟我們走。
Aren't you ashamed of being such a goodygoody, and of studying so hard? You never have a bit of enjoyment."
你當好好學生,學習那么用功,不害臊嗎?你從未享受過一點兒樂趣。”
"And what is it to you, if I do study?"
“我學我的,跟你們有什么關系?”
"What does the teacher think of us, you mean?"
“你覺得老師會怎么看待我們?”
"Why?"
“為什么?”
"Don't you see? If you study and we don't, we pay for it. After all, it's only fair to look out for ourselves."
“你沒發現么?如果你學習而我們不學習,我們就要付出代價。畢竟,我們只是公平的為自己考慮。”
"What do you want me to do?"
“那你們想讓我怎么辦?”
"Hate school and books and teachers, as we all do. They are your worst enemies, you know, and they like to make you as unhappy as they can."
“你也應該像我們一樣討厭學校、課本和老師。他們是你的三大敵人,他們會使你盡可能的不開心。”
"And if I go on studying, what will you do to me?"
“如果我想要繼續學習,你們打算對我做什么呢?”
"You'll pay for it!"
“你會付出代價的!”