We're very honoured to be here at your aunt's ball.You dance with passion.
我們能參加你姑姑的舞會 感到萬分榮幸 你的舞跳得很有激情
No sensible woman would demonstrate passion if the purpose were to attract a husband.
一個明智的女人如果想要吸引未來的丈夫 是不會展現激情的
As opposed to a lover?Hmm.Rest easy,Mr Lefroy.
跟愛人不一樣嗎 嗯 別激動 勒弗羅伊先生
I have no expectation on either account.I did not mean to offend or hurt.
我對這兩方面都沒什么期望 我不是想冒犯或者傷害
Oh,no,no,of course not.Excuse me,I'm just over warm.Pardon me.
噢 不 不 我只是覺得太熱了 失陪
Ah Miss Austen. Excuse me.
奧斯汀小姐 對不起
This is unbearable. My father is pressing for an early ordination
真受不了 我父親逼著要提前授教職
while my own inclination is to the scarlet of a captaincy in His Majesty's regulars.
而我自己卻一心想著 能在皇家軍隊中謀個上尉干干
But I do not have the money to purchase one.I do.
可我又沒有錢去買官 我有
Well,that,of course is impossible. Oh,Henry,do not disguise yourself,not to me.
那種事情當然是絕無可能的 亨利 別再裝了 在我面前不用
The scarlet will suit you very well.Miss Austen? There you are.
你穿上皇家軍服一定會很漂亮 奧斯汀小姐 你在這里
Miss Austen.I cannot believe I am obliged to have this conversation.
奧斯汀小姐 真不敢相信 我居然要跟你費這番口舌
Your Ladyship?Mr Wisley's mother,my own dear sister,died young.
夫人 衛斯理先生的母親 也就是我的姐姐 去世得很早
I have no children of my own.
我自己又沒有孩子
I hope you never come to understand the pain of that condition.
希望你永遠也不用明白我的這種痛苦
Let us simply say my nephew's wishes are close to my heart.however extraordinary they may be.
簡單說吧 我外甥的愿望 我會放在心上 不管是怎樣不尋常的愿望