He could give you a splendid home.A comfortable life.Father.
他能給你一座大宅子 舒適的生活父親
Consider.This is likely to be your best offer.
考慮考慮 這是你最好的機會了
Wisley?It is true,so far he has not impressed.A booby.He should grow out of that.
衛斯理? 是真的 到目前為止 他還 他是個呆子 他會變的
Nothing destroys spirit like poverty.
任何東西 比如貧困 都不能讓精神屈服
I saw Queen Marie Antoinette wear something the same at a ball once.
我看見瑪麗安東妮皇后在舞會上穿過一次
Am I making a show? I am,I know.
我是不是在出洋相?是的 我知道
What trouble we take to make them like us when we like them.
當你喜歡上一個人 想要他也喜歡你 你會不辭辛苦
Henry?Eliza,my brother is much younger than you.And poorer.
亨利? 伊麗莎白 我哥哥比你年輕多了 也窮多了
He knows that I care for him sincerely.I know that he is handsome.
他知道我真心對他好 他的確很英俊
And the handsome young men must have something to live on as well as the plain.
年輕英俊的男人除了表面的職業之外 肯定還有其他謀生手段
You encourage him to take you for money?
你慫恿他為錢而接納你?
Men do.That does not make it honourable.Well,I'm a sensible woman.
男人會這樣的 這么做可不體面 我是個明智的女人
I thank God I am not,by your description.
感謝上帝 我不是