Because here he was for the first time in well, since my wife and I were together
因為這是妻子和我在一起后第一次有人夾在中間。
someone else is getting much more attention than I was.
另一個人比我獲得更多的關注。
No matter how much I cried. And I felt envy toward him
不管我怎么哭,我嫉妒他。
and five minutes later I experienced this most intense love toward him the emotion that I haven't felt before.
然后五分鐘后我對他產生最強烈的愛意,一種我從沒感受過的情緒
Now normally I would think, what a hypocritic!
平時我會想,真是個偽君子
It's just something is wrong: one minute you are envious and the next minute you experience love.
事情不對勁:前一分鐘充滿嫉妒,轉眼體會無盡愛意?
There is nothing wrong. There is everything right.
這完全合情合理。完全正確。
It's part of being human. And because I had Dr.Shapiro's voice at back of my mind.
這是為人的一部分,因為我腦子里裝著兒科醫生的建議。
Permission to be human, that helped me a great deal.
準許為人,那幫了我很多。
Experience the envy when I experienced it, accept it; and then enjoy and celebrate it.
我體會嫉妒,接受它,然后享受和贊美。
The positive emotions that I experienced toward David. Permission to be human.
我對David產生的積極情緒,準許為人。
You see, there is actually a paradox playing this is work done by our very own Daniel Wegner on ironic processing.
這里有自相矛盾的地方,Daniel Wegner對反語處理做過研究。
When we suppress a natural phenomenon, that phenomenon only strengthens.
當我們壓抑一種自然現象時 那種現象只會加強。
Let me illustrate through an experiment. So for the next ten seconds.Do not think of a pink elephant.
我用一個實驗加以說明,在接下來的十秒鐘里。
For the next ten seconds, do not think of a pink elephant.
不要想粉色大象 在接下來的十秒鐘里不要想粉色大象
You know the one that I am talking about? With the big ears, Dumbo.
知道我說的是什么嗎? 就是大耳朵的小飛象?