Now I'm saying we should look like this.
不是說大家應該像那樣。
But what I am saying is that we all need a space, a place in our own lives.
我的意思是我們都需要一個空間,生活中要有一個地方
Where we give ourselves the permission to be human, whether it's with close friends.
在那里我們準許自己為人,可以是和摯友在一起時。
People we care about, whether it's first and foremost with ourselves.
或者是跟我們關心的人在一起時,最重要的是面對自己時。
When we write a journal, where we do give ourselves the permission to be.
當我們寫日記時,這時我們準許自己為人。
To cry, to be joyous because if we don't.
準許自己哭泣,快樂。因為如果不那么做,
We pay a price. We need a space of unconditional acceptance.
我們將付出代價。 我們需要一個無條件接受自我的地方。
The best advice that I got, or that we got.
我得到的最好建議或者說是我們
My wife and I got when David, our first son was born from our pediatrician, Dr. Tok Shapiro.
也就是我妻子和我得到的建議是,當我們的大兒子David出生時,Tok Shapiro醫生給我們的。
And David was born at 1 AM in the morning
David在凌晨一點出生。
and around 8 AM in the morning,he came in to see, to check up on my wife, to check up on the baby.
早上八點時他來查看我妻子的情況,查看嬰兒的情況
For some reason, he didn't check up on me. And everything was fine.
不知為什么,他沒詢問我的情況.一切都正常
As he is leaving the room, he turned around and said just one more thing.
在他走出房間時,他轉過身說還有一件事。
Over the next few months,you are going to be experiencing every single kind of emotion to the extreme and that's fine.
在接下來的幾個月里你們將體會到每一種情緒,極至的情緒.不過沒關系。
It's natural. We all go through it.
是很自然的事。我們都經歷過。
And he walked out. It was the best advice.
然后他走了出去 這是妻子和我
That my wife and I got regarding child-rearing. Why? Let me give you an example.
得到的關于撫育孩子的最好建議,為什么?讓我舉個例子。
So after about a month, I started to, once in a while experience some envy toward David.
一個月后 我開始偶爾對David產生一種嫉妒