"I am sure," she said, "that every one of us here will be gratified to learn
“我想,”它說,“我們倉底這兒的每一位都會很高興地知道,
that after four weeks of unremitting effort and patience on the part of our friend the goose,
我們的母鵝老朋友經過四個禮拜持續的努力和耐心照料,
she now has something to show for it.
現在有些寶貝要給我們看看了。
The goslings have arrived.
小鵝誕生啦。
May I offer my sincere congratulations!"
請讓我表示衷心的祝賀!”
"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" said the goose, nodding and bowing shamelessly.
“謝謝你,謝謝你,謝謝你!”母鵝不怕難為情地點頭鞠躬說。
"Thank you," said the gander.
“謝謝你,謝謝你,謝謝你!”公鵝說。
"Congratulations!" shouted Wilbur.
“祝賀你!”威爾伯大叫,
"How many goslings are there? I can only see one."
“有多少只小鵝啊?我只看到一只?!?/div>
"There are seven," said the goose.
“一共七只。”母鵝說。
"Fine!" said Charlotte. "Seven is a lucky number."
“好極了!”夏洛說,“七是個幸運數字?!?/div>
"Luck had nothing to do with this," said the goose.
“這跟幸運沒有關系,”母鵝說,
"It was good management and hard work."
“這是精心照料和辛苦工作的結果?!?/p>
重點單詞 | 查看全部解釋 | |||
unremitting | [.ʌnri'mitiŋ] |
想一想再看 adj. 不歇的,不斷的,堅忍的 |
聯想記憶 | |
shamelessly |
想一想再看 adv. 不知羞恥地;厚著臉皮地 |
|||
patience | ['peiʃəns] |
想一想再看 n. 耐心,忍耐,毅力 |
聯想記憶 |