Happy New Year, everybody.
大家,新年快樂。
At a time when we turn the page on one year and look ahead to the future,
此時,我們翻過今年日歷中的最后一頁,展望未來,
I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for everything you've done to make America stronger these past eight years.
我想花點兒時間感謝你們在過去8年里做成的所有事情,從而讓美國更加強大。
Just eight years ago, as I prepared to take office, our economy teetered on the brink of depression.
就在8年前,我準備來到白宮時,我們的經濟搖擺在蕭條的邊緣。
Nearly 800,000 Americans were losing their jobs each month.
每月將近有800,000人在失去他們的工作崗位。
In some communities, nearly one in five folks were out of work.
在一些社區,將近五分之一的人們失業。
Almost 180,000 troops were serving in Iraq and Afghanistan,
大約180,000士兵在伊拉克和阿富汗服役。
and Osama bin Laden was still at large.
奧薩馬·本·拉登仍逍遙法外。
And on challenges from health care to climate change, we'd been kicking the can down the road for way too long.
有著來自醫療保健到氣候變化的各種挑戰,我們一直在把問題留到很長時間以后才去解決。
Eight years later, you've told a different story.
8年以后,你看到了不一樣的故事。
We've turned recession into recovery.
我們從蕭條進入復蘇。
Our businesses have created 15.6 million new jobs since early 2010
自2010年初,我們的經濟已經創造了1560萬新的就業崗位
and we've put more people back to work than all other major advanced economies combined.
我們已經讓更多的人們回到就業崗位,比其他主要的發達經濟體創造就業崗位的總和還要多。
A resurgent auto industry has added nearly 700,000 jobs, and is producing more cars than ever.
全新的汽車行業創造了將近700,000的就業崗位,正在生產著比以往更多的汽車。
Poverty is falling.
貧困率在下降。
Incomes are rising.
收入在上漲。