日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 輕松娛樂聽力 > 英語PK臺 > 正文

英語PK臺(MP3+文本) 第401期:英國紳士把中國尋常百姓故事寫成暢銷書

來源:可可英語 編輯:Vicki ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  下載MP3到電腦  [F8鍵暫停/播放]   批量下載MP3到手機
Track One
The story is compiled, one of many stories that I have been able to enjoy, learning from people.
這個故事是創作的,是我很喜歡的故事之一
This one is called 'The Foreign Office worker and two baskets of pineapples'.
叫做《外交部公務員和兩籃菠蘿》
I was unusually early
這天,我起得不同尋常地早
Beijing traffic can never be so unpredictable as when there are foreign dignitaries visiting
除非有外國政要來訪,北京的交通向來不可預測
Unusually it was free moving that day
不尋常的是,這天竟然一路暢通。
The roads were not closed as often as they might have been
道路并沒有像往常一樣被管控。
we had a speedy, uninterrupted passage to the location
我們有一條快速無障礙的直達通道。
I had time on my hands so I wandered around the gardens
時間尚且充裕,于是我在花園里漫步著
so carefully laid out among the high-rise blocks of the now fashionable Jinsong area of east Beijing
花園布局在北京東部時尚的勁松地區的高層建筑中。
Within easy reach of one of Beijing's largest and most fashionable public spaces
北京最大最時尚的地段幾乎近在咫尺
These and each tower house a mixture of government officials and middle class families
每幢高樓都居住著政府官員和中產階級家庭吧
away from the unceasing roar of the Capital's traffic
遠離嘈雜的首都交通。
Li Zhu comes down from his apartment to greet me
李竺從他的公寓下來迎接我
"Oh welcome, welcome. No smog today!"
“哦歡迎,歡迎。今天沒有霧霾!”
If you ever thought that talking about the weather was a specifically British phenomena, think again!
如果你認為談論天氣是英國獨特的現象,請再想想
It is nearly as ubiquitous as a small talk subject in Beijing as in Bradford, Bedford or Beckensfield in the UK.
在北京它幾乎是無處不在的一個談話小主題,就像在英國的布拉德福德、貝德福德或貝肯斯菲爾德一樣
Some say the bad weather kills thousands every year around the Capital from respiratory diseases.
有些人說,每年首都數千人因惡劣的天氣罹患呼吸道疾病而死亡
You can taste it on a bad day
你可以在某個糟糕的日子體驗一下
It otherwise stops Beijing from being one of the World's most liveable cities
另外這會阻止北京成為世界上最宜居的城市之一
we bemoan the constant problems of bad air and my recent difficulties in acquiring air filters—as we ascend the unusually well lit lift to Li Zhu's well appointed apartment
當我們乘坐燈光通明的電梯到達李竺設備齊全的公寓時,我們哀嘆著空氣問題和我最近在買空氣過濾器方面遇到的困難
He lives with his wife and 17 month old son and ayi, in a spacious, well for Beijing, upper floor apartment.
他和他的妻子、17個月大的兒子以及阿姨住在一個寬敞的高層公寓里
The 'ayi' translated as 'aunt' or 'mother-sister' is a nurse maid and has a very particular place in Chinese middle class families.
“阿姨”意思是“母親的姐妹”,是一名保姆,在中國中產家庭中占有特別的位置
Indeed, no self-respecting working family would be without one.
事實上,所有體面的家庭都有保姆
Often from poorer part of the city or surrounding regions, many ayis 'live-in' as a permanent 'home help'
通常來自城市或周邊地區,許多阿姨住在雇主家里,作為固定的生活助手
Something as a cross between a nanny, a cook, cleaner or general help.
身兼多種角色,是帶孩子的保姆,也是廚師、清潔工或日常助理。
The ayi is an indispensable part of many young families' lives
保姆是許多年輕家庭生活中不可或缺的一部分
releasing the parents as they do to work or spend time on other activities
可以解放父母們騰出時間做工作或其他活動
such as the care of elderly parents
例如照顧年邁的父母

英國紳士把中國尋常百姓故事寫成暢銷書

Track Two

We sit quietly as the son is asleep in the next room with the ayi
孩子與阿姨在隔壁房間睡著了,我們靜靜地坐著。
Li Zhu's wife prepares tea and sits down quietly
李竺的妻子準備好茶水,安靜地坐下
Tea is served and we pass pleasantries and gifts
喝過茶,我們說著客套話并送上禮物。
We do not take our coats off—the heating is not turned on in Beijing each year until the 15th November.
我們沒有脫下外套——北京每年11月15日才通暖氣。
The early November freeze across northern China has everyone quietly cold and grumbly
在中國北方11月初寒乍到,每個人都感覺寒冷陰郁。
Li Zhu is happy to talk.
李竺侃侃而談
I was born in Anhui Province—and went to school there too.
我出生在安徽省——在那里上學
Later I went to study science and technology as my degree at Wuhan University
后來我去武漢大學學習科學技術
I graduated in 1998.
我1998年畢業
At the end of it I sat the government entrance exams and passed
畢業時,我參加公務員考試并通過
I spent the next thirteen years in the government foreign affairs office
我在外交部工作了十三年
Working mainly in the neighbouring countries to China in Southeast Asia
主要在東南亞鄰國工作
I never dreamed I would end up in the Foreign Office
我從來沒有想過我能有朝一日在這里工作
At that time it used to collect students from all over China, and from many different degree courses
那時外交部經常錄用來自中國各地不同專業的學生。
I was the only one from the science and technology discipline
我是科學技術專業中唯一的一個
They even sent me to Hong Kong for two years at one point.
他們甚至把我派到香港兩年。
It was amazing.
這是很光榮的事情
My parents were teachers in the local middle school.
我的父母是當地中學的老師
My two brothers are a teacher and a worker in the 'courts of justice'
我的兩個兄弟一個是老師,另一個在法院工作
I was taught well and I studied hard—I was top of the class in middle school
我努力學習——中學時是班級尖子生
My parents were so proud of me—I was good at studying and was rewarded as one of the best in my subjects in the country
我的父母為我感到自豪——我擅長學習,并作為本專業最優秀的學生獲得了認可和獎勵
I became one of the youngest department leaders and division chiefs in the Foreign Ministry
我成為外交部最年輕的部門領導和部門主管之一
Li Zhu became one of the few global travellers in the Government of the day.
李竺成為當時少數在國外工作的員工之一
Amongst other places he spent time in were the US, Germany and most of the local Southeast Asian neighbours.
他還到過其他地方,如美國、德國和大多數東南亞鄰國
However, as he recounted, the diplomatic life had its sacrifices.
然而,正如他所說的,外交生活有犧牲
I found it impossible to be with my parents as much as I wanted, or to start a family.
我發現不可能經常和我的父母團聚或成家
There is a choice—to serve the country or have a family
我必須做出選擇——為國家服務或成家
To truly serve the country you have to give up family
要真正服務于國家,你必須放棄家庭
As China develops in the role as it is, it is the role of the diplomats to work hard
隨著中國發展起來,外交官的角色就是努力工作
and tirelessly to keep pace with the speed of change.
并不知疲倦地跟上變化的速度。
Li Zhu found the time in the Foreign Office exciting as well as exacting.
李竺發現外交部工作很令人興奮,同時也事無巨細
After thirteen years he wanted to have another challenge
十三年后,他想接受另一個挑戰
He also wanted to have a wider understanding of business
他想對商務有更廣泛的了解
so he left the department to move into a state-owned consultancy working for the foreign affairs function on large projects and was there for three years
所以他離開了部門進入一家國有顧問公司,為大型項目做外事工作,并在那里了工作了三年。





重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
indispensable [.indis'pensəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可缺少的

 
ubiquitous [ju:'bikwitəs]

想一想再看

adj. 到處存在的,遍在的

聯想記憶
collect [kə'lekt]

想一想再看

v. 收集,聚集
v. 推論

聯想記憶
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特別的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

聯想記憶
permanent ['pə:mənənt]

想一想再看

adj. 永久的,持久的
n. 燙發

聯想記憶
respiratory [ri'spirətəri]

想一想再看

adj. 呼吸的,與呼吸有關的

 
unpredictable ['ʌnpri'diktəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可預知的

聯想記憶
fashionable ['fæʃənəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,時髦的

聯想記憶
exacting [ig'zæktiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 苛求的,吃力的 動詞exact的現在分詞形式

聯想記憶
global ['gləubəl]

想一想再看

adj. 全球性的,全世界的,球狀的,全局的

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 郑中基的电影全部作品| 珊特尔·范圣滕| 头像女伤感| 张小波的个人资料简介| 潜行吧!奈亚子| fate动漫免费观看| 春风沉醉的夜晚电影| 视频精品| 绝路逢生| 《假期》电影| deaf dj课文翻译| 黄色网址视频免费| 假如我是一坨屎作文| 故事电影| 正在恋爱中 电视剧韩剧免费全集结局| 美少女巡逻队| 人流后饮食| 泰国《永恒/eternity》| 朱茵拍过的三级的电影| 夏日福星 电影| 青山处处埋忠骨课文| 我和我的班主任| 山上的小屋 残雪原文| 美女被吃| 田中敦子| 接吻教学视频| 拉偏架| 老阿姨在线高清看电视剧免费 | 正在行动| 电影《塔蒂亚娜1》演员表| 验光单子的数据怎么看| 大姐大| 梁祝小提琴独奏曲谱完整版| 娇喘视频在线观看| 伊藤爱子| 电子元器件基础知识| 电影白洁少妇完整版| 陈昭昭| 一江深情简谱| 科幻画图片| 谍变1939电视剧剧情介绍|