地點:美黑店內
人物:羅斯,店里的一位助手
事件:羅斯去做美黑,卻在數數的時候出了問題。
Assistant: You've got to face the red light. When the red light goes on the spraying is about to start so close your eyes. When the spraying stops, count to five. Pat yourself down to avoid drip marks then turn around so we can get your back. Got it?
助理:你要面對著紅燈。紅燈亮的時候,噴淋馬上開始,所以請閉上眼睛。噴淋結束以后,數到五。把身上拍干,防止留下藥液往下流的痕跡,然后轉身,這樣就可以噴背后了。明白了?
Ross: Spray, count, pat, then turn, spray, count and pat.
羅斯:噴,數,拍,然后轉身,噴,數,拍。
Assistant: Wow, you catch on quick.
助理:哇,你記得很快啊。
Ross: Well, I have a PhD, so...
羅斯:這個嘛,我有一個博士學位,所以……
Ross: One Mississippi, two Mississipi, Three Mis... Wait! Wait! I'm not—I've not finished counting!
羅斯:一只小羊,兩只小羊,三只小……等等!等等!我還沒……我還沒數完呢!
Ross: You sprayed my front twice!
羅斯:你噴了兩次我的正面!
Assistant: You've never turned?
助理:你沒轉身?
Ross: No, I barely even got to three Mississippi.
羅斯:沒有,我還沒數到三只小羊呢!
Assistant: Mississippi? I said count to five!
助理:小羊?我說的是數到五!
Ross: Mississippi–lessly? Well, how bad is it?
羅斯:不要小羊?呃,情況有多糟?
Assistant: Ain't that bad yet, but it keeps getting darker for the next four hours.
助理:現在還不太糟,不過接下來的四個小時顏色會越來越深。
Ross: So, how dark is it gonna get?
羅斯:那,會變得多深?
Assistant: You got sprayed with two two's and...
助理:你噴了兩遍二級,那么……
Ross: I'm a four?
羅斯:我是四級的了?
Assistant: Yeah, but your back's a zero. You're gonna wanna even that out.
助理:沒錯,不過你背上是零級。你想讓前后一樣吧。
Ross: Really?
羅斯:是嗎?