And the commitment to interdisciplinarity both in the famous Law and Economics programmes
我們法學院致力于跨學科發展 不僅將法律和經濟學緊密結合
but now more recently with the development of additional programmes in Law and Philosophy is a real hallmark of our Law school.
近來又開設新課程 將法律和哲學聯系起來 這已經成為我們法學院的真正的標志
We also decided to make students central to the um conference
我們還決定讓學生成為我們這次大會的焦點和主人翁
and I think you can see already what a great decision that was, er
我相信 你們可以看到 這個決定是多么的正確
so I think at this point I'm just gonna turn it over to Scott
我覺得 現在我應該把講臺交給
but I'd like to ask you also to give a vote of thanks to Scott for everything that he did.
斯科特 但是之前我想請你們 和我一起感謝斯科特 感謝他所做的一切努力 (掌聲)
Thank you very much Martha for the very kind remarks and for the orientation to what we're doing here.
瑪莎 謝謝你 謝謝你的美言 也謝謝你 為大會做的簡要介紹
Um, just to follow up,
接著她的發言
I wanted to mention I put out on the table um,
我想說明幾點 我在桌子上放了幾件東西
a couple of things that came in, um in particular one document that was sent by I believe
特別是 其中有個文件 是圣母大學的
Mary Ellen O'Connell who is at Notre Dame who couldn't be here
的瑪麗.艾倫.康奈爾寄過來的 她沒法來參加會議
that is a statement by military interrogators saying why they should not use torture.
這份文件是軍事審訊人員的聲明 說明了他們不應該使用酷刑的原因