Dialogue 1
Mark: Wow, Jingjing, you look pretty hip in those clothes. What's the occasion?
馬克:哇,京晶,你穿這些衣服看起來好潮啊。你這是要去什么重要場合啊?
Jingjing: I'm going to the club with my girlfriends tonight. Why don't you tag along?
京晶:我今晚要和我的女朋友們去俱樂部。你一起來吧?
Mark: Okay, let me go throw something on real quick. (Five minutes later, Mark comes back, dressed differently) Here I am, let's go.
馬克:好啊,我火速換件衣服哈。(5分鐘后,馬克回來了,穿著不同的衣服。)我好啦,咱們走吧。
Jingjing: Woah, woah, wait. Are you serious? You're gonna wear those shoes to the club?
京晶:哇,哇,等等。你是認真的嗎?要穿這雙鞋去俱樂部?
Mark: Yeah, what's wrong with them?
馬克:是啊,有什么不對嗎?
Jingjing: They are so last year. People aren't wearing them much anymore.
京晶:它們都過時啦。沒什么人還在穿啦。
Mark: But I like them. They're blue and shiny.
馬克:但我喜歡。藍色的,還閃閃發光。
Jingjing: I think I need to take you on a shopping spree tomorrow. It's best I show you what's in style and what's not. After all, I'm a chic, remember?
京晶:我想明天我需要陪你去瘋狂購物。最好讓我來告訴你時下什么風格最流行。畢竟,我可是一個時尚達人,記得嗎?
Mark: Okay cool, tomorrow it is!
馬克:好嘞,明天走起!
習語短語
hip=時尚和潮流的
What's the occasion?=當有人精心打扮得很漂亮的時候問,你這是要去什么重要場合啊?
tag along=陪別人,跟隨
throw something on=換件衣服
so last year=用來形容那些過時的衣服或潮流
shopping spree=瘋狂購物,一天買好多東西
in style=(服裝)款式最新最時尚
chic=時尚達人
Dialogue 2
The next day, Mark and Jingjing have just returned from the shopping mall.
第二天,馬克和京晶剛從商場回來。
Jingjing: You look a lot better in these new clothes, Mark.
京晶:馬克,你穿著這些新衣服看起來帥多了。
Mark: I don't know...I feel a little funky wearing some of this stuff.
馬克:真的嗎……可我怎么覺得有的地方有點兒怪啊。
Jingjing: Like what?
京晶:比如?
Mark: Well, I've never worn a chain necklace before. It's kinda weird.
馬克:嗯,比如我從來沒戴過項鏈。感覺有點兒奇怪。
Jingjing: Weird? I think it looks cool. You will look even better at the club the next time we go with that bling.
京晶:奇怪?我覺得它看起來很酷啊。下次我們再一起去俱樂部,你帶著這條金光閃閃的鏈子去肯定很吸睛。
Mark: And these new pink shoes, I'm just not so sure about them...
馬克:還有這雙新的粉紅色鞋,我不敢確定……
Jingjing: Oh, come on, Mark! Those are a must have! Pink is the new blue!
京晶:噢,馬克!這些都是必備單品啊!粉紅色是繼藍色之后最新的流行色!
Mark: I like this polo shirt, but why do I have to pop the collar?
馬克:我喜歡這件polo衫,但為什么我非得把衣領立起來?
Jingjing: A lot of people like to pop their collars; otherwise they'll look too preppy.
京晶:很多人都喜歡把衣領立起來。否則,他們會顯得過于學院風了。
Mark: Well, thanks a lot for taking me shopping. How about we do lunch? I'm paying.
馬克:嗯,非常感謝你帶我逛街。怎么樣,我們吃午飯去吧?我請客。
Jingjing: Sounds like a plan. Afterwards, I wanna take you to see that new movie that's out right now, it's hilarious.
京晶:聽起來不錯。之后我想帶你去看最新的電影,剛上映的,特別搞笑。
Mark: Cool, let's dip out.
馬克:好呀,咱們走吧。
習語短語
funky=怪異的;尷尬的
bling=金光閃閃的華麗珠寶
a must have=必備單品
Pink is the new blue.=這里指粉色已經取代了之前流行的藍色。即,粉紅色是繼藍色之后最新的流行色。
polo shirt=馬球衫
pop the collar=把衣領立起來
preppy=預科生;(尤指衣著精致經典)學院風
do lunch=吃午飯
hilarious=非常搞笑
dip out=離開