Way down south, as night falls,
一路南下,夜幕降臨了
the main New Year's Day celebrations are just about to get started.
元旦當天的一大慶典即將開始了
Here in Hong Kong, they take celebration to a whole other level.
在香港,人們將慶典提升到了新的境界
This is the start of the famous night parade which will be kicking off in just a couple of hours.
著名的夜間大游行即將在幾個小時之后開始
They think it's going to be the biggest parade ever, with 150,000 people or more lining the streets.
預計起碼有15萬人排列街邊,這將會是史上最盛大的游行
There are going to be 2,500 performers tonight, one of whom you might just recognise.
今晚將有多達2500人的表演者參與,其中有一人你也許認識
My Hong Kong parade preparation has started earlier.
我的香港游行準備工作更早就開始啦
This is the backstage area where all the performers gather before heading out onto the route.
這是后臺準備區,演員們出發到路上前都聚集在這里
And there is definitely an atmosphere of anticipation.
這兒絕對有一種充滿期待的氣氛
I am not going to be a spectator this evening,
今晚我不只是觀眾
I am actually going to be part of the parade itself
事實上我本人也是游行的一份子
and I have the privilege of riding the Hong Kong Tourism Board Float and here she is.
而且我還榮獲特許能搭乘上香港旅游局的彩車,就是這輛
As you can see, it is brightly coloured with neon lights, and, of course, scatter of monkeys everywhere.
正如您所見,它被霓虹燈妝成了鮮亮的色彩。當然啊,還滿是猴子形象的裝飾
The last time someone was allowed to be on a float was in the year 2000, a certain Jackie Chan.
上一次有人被允許乘上彩車還是在2000年,那就是成龍
A huge audience the parade draws attracts performers from all over the world.
來看游行的觀眾非常之多,這也吸引了來自世界各地的表演者
Where are you guys from?
你們從哪里來啊
The Netherlands, Schiphol. Did you make this? Yeah.
荷蘭的斯希普霍爾。這是你做的嗎?對啊
Girls, where are you from? Ireland. Scotland.
姑娘們從哪里來的?。繍蹱柼m。蘇格蘭。