As well as the school kids and me, there are other amateur performers here.
除了我和學校的孩子們之外,這里還有很多業余表演者
These dancers are genuine airline cabin crew.
這群舞者是真正的航空公司乘務員
This is it, we are through the gates and the parade has begun.
就是這樣啦,我們穿過這些門以后,游行就開始了
There is our man, the organiser.
那是我們的大會組織者
So the first part is simple, this is the VIP area, there are a thousand VIPs.
第一部分很簡單,這邊是貴賓席,大約有一千人的貴賓列席
I'm now being showered with hot metal! I think it's my hair burning.
落下的火花淋了我一身呀!我的頭發好像燒著了
I still have the best view of the parade.
我的視野還是游行隊伍中最好的
Kate's stuck out there somewhere there in the crowd.
凱特就在人群里的什么地方呢
It is a forest of mobile phones and selfies. I'm battling my way through.
簡直是手機和自拍桿的森林呀。我在費力擠過來
Look at these lions, they are just fantastic. Happy New Year.
看看這些獅子,真是妙極了。新年快樂
As we head out on our lap of the city centre, we are going to be passing some of its most famous landmarks.
我們環繞市中心游行出發后,會經過一些最著名的地標建筑
This is the Clock Tower, built in 1915 and it's here as a symbol of migration from Hong Kong.
這是1915年建的鐘樓,是香港這里移民的標志
It's the first thing you see when you enter the harbour and, of course, the last thing you see when you leave.
這是進入港口最先看到的建筑,當然也是離開時最后消失的
Once we pass the tower, we meet the people of Hong Kong.
過了鐘樓之后,就見到香港的群眾了