You would feel the same way a month into your Harvard experience. External circumstances matter very little. Very little.
在哈佛呆上一個月 你會有同樣的感覺 外部環境影響甚微
In fact, also, place of residents makes very little difference. People think, Well, if I move.
同樣地 居住地的影響也很小 人們會想如果我搬到
Especially in the day-light if I move to California, i'll be happier, right? Wrong.
尤其是在白天 要是搬去加州 我會更快樂? 錯誤
Californians are no happier than people in Massachusetts. Initially when we go to a warm place.
加州人不比麻省人更快樂 剛去到一個溫暖的地方
We feel the relief and there's this spiky level of wellbeing. But very quickly we go back to our base level.
會感到放松 幸福水平高到值峰 但很快我們會恢復基礎水平
Exactly where we were before. I'll take this even a step further.
和以前的我們一模一樣 我會進一步說明
Even though there is no research about this, I bet you this is correct:.
雖然還沒有這方面的研究 我敢和你們打賭 下面的說法是正確的
There is no difference in our levels of wellbeing if our place of residents is by the river.
我們的幸福水平不會有所不同 不論我們是生活在河邊
Or in the quad. This is really taking the theory far, but it's true.
還是呆在quad (哈佛舉行畢業典禮等重大集會的地方) 這個例子把理論推至極限 但是真的
I love this T-shirt what? If you can't run with the big dogs, stay in yard.
我喜歡這件襯衫 什么? 不能和大狗一起跑就呆在院子里
Anyone from Korea here? Alright. You made it all the way on such a cold day.
這里有韓國學生嗎?好的 你在這么冷的日子趕來
Well done! I appreciated it. How spoiled we get here. Makes very little difference.
很出色 我很感激 我們真是受寵若驚 不會有所不同