But overall, high levels of happiness. And it was going to last for the rest of your life.
但總是來說是高水平的快樂 這種快樂將持續一生
And you came here Freshmen week, you knew it was going to last for the rest of your life.
來到這里 經過新生周 你知道快樂會持續一生
Because you were around wonderful people. It was fun. There were parties.
因為身邊都是杰出的人 大學生活很豐富 派對不斷
And you said, Everything they said about Harvard was not true. It's actually a party school.
你說人們對哈佛的想法都錯了 這里其實是個派對大學
You were certain of that, right? And not only was it a party school.
你們很確定這一點 不是嗎? 不僅是個派對大學
You were going to have an amazing time for the four years and beyond. Because your life was transformed by this letter of acceptance.
而且未來四年甚至以后 都會過得很快樂 因為你的人生被這封錄取信改變
Right? Things started to change probably on the first day of class.
沒錯吧? 事情也許從開課第一天就發生變化
But not entirely because there's shopping period and it's such a wonderful thing.
但沒有完全不同 因為這是購物期 妙不可言的階段
You shop for classes. It's even better than going to the mall.
你們選擇課程 比去商場更過癮
So many, 3000 classes to choose from. And this second week of Harvard is fantastic.
有三千門課程任你挑選 在哈佛的第二周妙不可言
And it was going to continue just that way, constant tide for the rest of your life.
這種情況將持續下去 余生將是一浪高于一浪的快樂
And then suddenly things begin to change. Slightly. Ever so slightly.
事情突然開始發生變化 輕微地 非常輕微地
And they completely change once your first paper is due or the midterms arrive.
要寫第一篇論文時 情況徹底改變 或期中考試來臨時
And you go back to your base level of wellbeing. If you experience a lot of stress.
你恢復基礎幸福水平 如果你在高中
In high school and elementary school and were unhappy, generally the best predictor would say that.
初中時經歷過很大壓力而且不快樂 一般來說最好的預言家會說