It doesn't matter. So why am I working hard in order to get that BCG job.
都無關緊要 我為什么還要努力爭取好工作?
Why did I work so hard in order to get into this place? If it doesn't matter, if I experience this ups and downs.
我為什么要拼命入讀這所學校 如果這些都無關緊要 總要經歷高低潮?
And the answer is that yes it won't make a difference to our wellbeing.
答案是 是的 它不會改變我們的幸福水平
But it also doesn't mean that we cannot increase our level of wellbeing.
但并不意味著 我們不能提升自己的幸福水平
Many people said the problem with general levels of happiness or unhappiness rather.
很多人說 一般的快樂或不快樂水平
The cause is people have too high expectations. And if we lower our expectations.
是由于人們有過高的期望 如果能降低期望
We lower our stress levels and we will enjoy life more. Ok, so I don't care if I don't get a B in the course.
降低壓力水平 我們會更享受生活 我不在乎成績是不是B
I'd be much happier if I don't care, if I lower my levels of expectation.
不在乎會讓我更快樂 如果我降低期望水平
I don't care what I get into, what job I have, I just want to be happy.
我不在乎從事什么工作 只想快樂
And you'll probably be happy. Slightly happy if you lower your levels of expectations.
你可能會快樂 降低期望水平會略微快樂些
But not in the long term. And we'll talk about it next week.
但從長遠來說行不通 下周我們會談到這個問題
Not in the long term. The problem is not lower these high expectations.
長遠來說行不通 問題不在于是否降低那些高的期望
That doesn't matter. The problem is right versus wrong expectations.
這一點不重要 問題在于正確和錯誤的期望
Not lower high expectations that won't make a difference to our levels of wellbeing.
而不是低的和高的期望 那不會影響我們的幸福水平
What will make a difference to our levels of wellbeing is if we have right vs. Wrong expectations.
能影響幸福水平的 是我們的期望是正確還是錯誤
It is wrong expectation to expect that getting into a certain place, getting a raise.
錯誤的期望認為進入某間公司 獲得升職