Change Has Come To America. The road ahead us.
美國必將到來的改變。前方的路。
The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep.
前方的道路將很漫長,我們攀登的腳步會很艱辛。
We may not get there in one year or even in one term.
我們可能無法在一年甚至一個任期內實現這些目標,
But, America, I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there.
但我從未像今晚這樣滿懷希望,我們將實現我們的目標。
I promise you, we as a people will get there.
我向你們承諾——我們作為一個整體將會達成目標。
There will be setbacks and false starts.
我們會遭遇挫折和不成功的起步。
There are many who won’t agree with every decision or policy I make as president.
我作為總統所做的每項決定或政策,會有許多人持有異議。
And we know the government can’t solve every problem.
我們也知道,政府不能解決所有問題。
But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face.
但我將總是會向你們坦陳我們所面臨的挑戰。
I will listen to you, especially when we disagree.
我會聽取你們的意見,尤其是存在不同意見的時候。
And, above all, I will ask you to join in the work of remaking this nation, the only way it’s been done in America for 221 years.
最重要的是,我會請求你們參與重建這個國家,以美國221年來從未改變的唯一方式。