I think the sort of perspective of asking these questions,
但我們可以通過這個視角來問些問題
why will this still be the leading company 10, 15, 20 years from now, is a, is a really critical one to try to think through.
比如說,為什么這些公司在10年、15年甚至20年以后,仍然可以保持領先?
Let me, let me sort of, I want to sort of go in two slightly other directions with this monopoly vs competition idea.
接下來,我想從另外兩個稍微不同的方面解釋一下壟斷與競爭的思想
And I think so I think this is the, the central idea, in my mind for, for business for starting business
我想這是創業的中心思想
for thinking about them and there are some, interesting perspectives I think it gives on the whole you know,
壟斷與競爭在整個創新的歷史中,在科技中
on the whole history of innovation and technology and science.
提供了一個非常有趣的視角
Because, yeah we've, we've lived through,
近250至300年里
250, 300 years of incredible technological progress in you know many, many different domains.
在很多不同的領域科技產生了巨大進步
You know, steam engine to railways to telephones, refrigeration, household appliances,
我們發明了蒸汽機,鐵路,電話,冰箱,家用電器
you know the computer revolution, aviation.
電腦,飛機,等等
All sorts of different areas of technological innovation
在不同的領域都出現了巨大的技術創新
and then there's sort of analogous thing that one can say about science,
在科學領域也是類似的
where we've lived through centuries of enormous amounts of innovation in science as well.
近幾個世紀里,科學界同樣產生了巨大的進步
And the thing that I think people always miss when they think about these things is that
在思考這些問題時,人們通常忽略的一點是
because X and Y are independent variables, some of these things can be extremely valuable innovations.
X和Y是相互獨立的變量,這些東西之中,有的具有非常高的價值
But the people who invent them, who come up with them, do not get rewarded for this.
但發明它們的人卻沒有得到相應的回報