In To Be the Poet,
在《成為一名詩人》里,
I make a manifesto for poetry
我做了一個詩歌的宣言,
and in that book I set down my intentions for what I wanna do with the rest of my life.
正是在那里我確定了自己的想法,余生想要做的事情。
And, in thinking about myself as a poet,
想到我自己作為一名詩人,
I went back to my beginnings and I tried to remember as far back as I could go,
我回到開頭,試著盡可能的想起我能想到的事,
where did the poetry come from?
詩歌是從何而來?

And I know that it came when I was a child and it came in Chinese.
我知道是在兒時聽到的中文詩。
And not just any ... not a standard Chinese, not Mandarin or Cantonese but a dialect
不僅僅是任何……不是標準的中文,不是普通話或者廣東話,而是方言,
and, so I want to read you the beginning of this manifesto and my thoughts about poetry and how it comes and preparing the way for a larger poem.
因此我想讀這段宣言的開頭給你們聽,這里講述了我對詩歌的想法,以及它從何而來,并為更長的詩篇做了鋪墊。
I have almost finished my long book, let my life as poet begin.
我幾乎已經寫完了一本長書,開始我的詩歌人生。
I want the life of the poet.
我想要成為一名詩人。