We only see the average, we only see the geometric shapes and completely missed the children on the bus.
那就只會看到平均的結果 只看到幾何形狀完全忽略了汽車上的孩子
And very often, the answer to some of our most pressing questions
很多時候最緊迫的問題的答案
Lies in the extraordinary lies on the children on the bus.
出人意料就在汽車的孩子身上
Now does anyone other than me because I admit that I fall into this category
除了我還有其他人我承認我屬于這一類
But anyone other than me feel a little bit disease when I talk about this?
但有誰在聽到我說的這些話時感到不舒服嗎?
Seriously, a little bit disease when I talk about let's focus on studying the best
說真的 當我談到 讓我們集中精力研究最優秀的個體 圣人 非凡的人
The saint, the sages, the extraordinary ? I feel disease.
有人感到不舒服嗎?我覺得不大舒服
I'm sure some of you feel that too. Because after all, isn't that elitist?
你們有些人應該也有這感覺因為這難道不是精英主義嗎?
Shouldn't we study the average because we concern not just with elites?
我們不是應該研究普羅大眾嗎?因為我們關心的不只是精英
We are concerned with the average. So there are two answers to that
我們關心的是普羅大眾以下的問題有兩個原因
Why I still maintain, and I must admit I still feel some disease every time I teach this,
我為什么還要繼續說?我必須承認每次教到或想到這個統計
Every time I think about this and I think too, why it is so important to study the best,
我就覺得有點不舒服研究最優秀的個體 為什么如此重要
Why the growing tip statistics is such an important approach to research that I encourage
為什么成長尖端統計學如此重要 我要建議