Because what I am saying here is let's not study the average , let's study the top five percent
我想說的是 不要研究大眾研究快樂指數最高的5%的人
So that we can understand the phenomenon better. The person who talks about this is Abraham Maslow.
這樣就可以更好地理解這一現象這就是Abraham Maslow
When he talked about growing tip statistics. Let me read to you this is taken from his book:
提出的 成長尖端統計學 以下這話引自他的書
What this kind of research design means is a change in our conception of statistics,
設計出這類調研是為了改變我們對統計的觀念
And especially of sampling theory. What I am frankly espousing here
尤其是對抽樣調查的看法我非常支持
Is what I have been calling growing tip statistics, taking my title from the fact
'成長尖端統計學'我的頭銜來自以下的研究發現
That it is at the growing tip of a plant that the greatest genetic action takes place.
最優秀的遺傳基因會在幼苗的成長尖端出現
What he's saying is that let's study the sages, the saints,
他的意思是 讓我們學習圣人
The extraordinary people, the arrowhead so that we can understand and realize
非凡的人 這樣能幫助我們了解
The potential in all people. Let me quote him in greater length.
人類的潛能我再引述他另一句更長的話
This is very important, which is why I am doing it: If we want to know how fast a human being can run,
這話非常重要 是我作這個研究的原因 如果想知道人類最快能跑多快
Then it is no use to average out the speed of a good sample of the population;
那從好的樣本中測出平均數是沒用的
It is far better to collect Olympic gold medal winners and see how well they can do.
而應該收集田徑類奧運冠軍的信息看他們能跑多快
If we want to know the possibilities for spiritual growth, value growth or moral development in human being,
如果想知道心靈成長的可能性人類價值增長或道德發展的可能性