Why? Because I wasn't born with happy genes .
為什么?因為我不是生來就有 快樂基因
I was born with, genetically speaking, relatively high level of anxiety,
從遺傳學上講 我天生就比較容易焦慮
Inclination toward rumination, over examination
容易得抑郁癥這是經過測試證實的
We'll talk about that later in the course. I went into the positive psychology,
在后面的課程上我們會談到我之所以研究積極心理學
Into the field of psychology, as I mentioned in the first lecture,
探索心理學領域正如我第一節課時提到的
Because I was unhappy here. And over time, as a result of many of these studies,
是因為我不快樂隨著時間的推移 出現了很多這類研究
Result of examination result of asking also the right questions, I have become happier.
由于提出了正確的問題我變得更快樂
So on a personal level, I know it's possible to become happier. Now I am happier today than I was fifteen years ago
個人層面上 是有可能變得更快樂現在的我比15年前的我更快樂
When I started. I hope to be happier 15 years from today than I am today.
我希望15年后的我比今天的我更快樂
It's a life long process. But it is possible. And many people show that it's possible.
這是個終身的過程但這是有可能的 很多人證實了這是有可能的
And those who argue it's not possible and use science to argue for that,
而那些認為這不可能的人他們用科學來爭論
Very often, are hurting more than helping the field. Now by the way Lykken and Tellegen were interviewed
很多時候 只有阻礙作用而毫無幫助最近Lykken和Tellegen
Recently in TIME magazine issue of happiness. Let me quote to you what they said.
受到《時代》雜志的采訪 談 快樂 問題下面是他們說的幾句話