And then people choose subconsciously, not consciously to ignore the research and go with her heart.
然后人們下意識地選擇不自覺地忽視研究所得的壞結果
And that's important to go with your heart. But it's important to with the heart and the mind.
雖然跟隨自己的感覺是重要但更重要的是同時注重感覺和思維
Imagine if an aeronautics engineer woke up in the morning and said,
試想一下 如果一個航空工程師在早上醒來 說:
You know, the Law of Gravity thing really makes things difficult for me.
萬有引力真的帶給我很多麻煩
It's a pain. Things would be so much easier without the law of gravity.
很麻煩如果沒有萬有引力 事情就易辦多了
The design would be simpler. And he designs airplane and he ignores the law of gravity.
航空設備也不用這么麻煩 然后他決定不考慮萬有引力設計飛機
What kind of airplane machine would he or she design? A failure.
他會設計出怎樣一架飛機呢?肯定會失敗
Aeronautics engineer takes into consideration of reality. And reality there's Law of Gravity.
航空工程師必定要考慮到現實現實就是萬有引力的存在
We deal with that. Similarly, what research shows us is reality:
我們得接受現實同樣 研究顯示的結果就是現實
What's out there, what's working and what's not working. And we need to conform to it.
有哪些現象 哪些可行 哪些不可行我們需要遵循現實
Take it into consideration. And it's up to you, to take responsibility,
考慮現實能否搭起學校與社會的橋梁
To bridge the Ivory tower and Main Street. You are being exposed in 32 classes fraught your Harvard career
取決于我們自己在哈佛你們會有32種專業
To the most rigorous thinking on different topics have you take it and apply it,
各自的課程有不同的主題你要將這些知識一一吸收并應用