One thing to know about the Middle East
關于中東需要知道的一件事,
is that nearly every family has access to affordable domestic help.
就是幾乎每個家庭都能找到可負擔費用的家務代理。
The challenge therefore becomes how to recruit effectively.
難題因此變成如何有效地召募(家務代理人)。
Just like I would in my business life,
就如同在我的商業生活中,
I have based the selection of who would support me with my children while I'm at work on a strong referral.
我很大程度上根據誰能在我工作時夠幫助我打理孩子來挑選。
Cristina had worked for four years with my sister
Cristina曾與我姐姐一同工作4年,
and the quality of her work was well-established.
而她工作的質量是受到公認的。
She is now an integral member of our family,
她現在是我們家庭中不可或缺的一員,
having been with us since Alia was six months old.
從Alia六個月大的時候就跟我們在一塊了。
She makes sure that the house is running smoothly while I'm at work,
她確保當我在工作時我們家庭運作順暢,
and I make sure to empower her in the most optimal conditions for her and my children,
而我保障她對她和我的孩子來說在最佳的狀況下。
just like I would my best talent at work.
就像我用最好的天賦在工作一樣
This lesson applies whatever your childcare situation,
這個經驗很通用,無論你的小孩的照護狀況事怎樣的,
whether an au pair, nursery, part-time nanny that you share with someone else.
也不管是年輕女性的換工互惠生,托兒所,你與某些人共享的臨時保母。
Choose very carefully, and empower.
請特別小心地選擇,然后賦予他們自主權。
If you look at my calendar,
如果你檢閱我的行事歷,
you will see every working day one and a half hours from 7pm to 8:30pm UAE time blocked and called "family time."
你會看到每個工作日,從晚上7點到8點30的一個半小時的阿拉伯聯合酋長國時間被占據了而且稱作“家庭時間”。
This is sacred time.
這是個神圣的時刻。
I have done this ever since Alia was a baby.
我從Alia還是嬰兒的時候就這么做了。
I do everything in my power to protect this time
我竭盡所能地去保留這段時間,
so that I can be home by then to spend quality time with my children,
所以我可以在這個時間前回到家與我的孩子們共度寶貴時光,
asking them about their day, checking up on homework,
問問他們的日常,檢查他們的作業,
reading them a bedtime story and giving them lots of kisses and cuddles.
給他們讀睡前故事,然后給他們許多的吻和擁抱。
If I'm traveling, in whatever the time zone,
如果我正在旅行,無論在哪個時區,
I use Skype to connect with my children even if I am miles away.
我用Skype與孩子們聯系,即使我在數里之外。