Faced with a patriarchal society, they have found that by helping each other out, all benefit.
面對這個父權社會,她們發現,藉由幫助彼此,所有人都能得到好處。
In my previous job, I was the most senior woman in the Middle East,
在我前一份工作中,我在中東是最資深的女性,
so one could think that investing in my network of female colleagues couldn't bring many benefits
所以能想到投資在我女性同事的人脈并不能帶來很大的效益,
and that I should instead invest my time developing my relationships with male seniors and peers.
而我應該要把時間投資在發展我跟男性前輩與同儕的關系。
Yet two of my biggest breaks came through the support of other women.
盡管我最大的兩個突破來自其他女人的幫助。
It was the head of marketing who initially suggested I be considered as a young global leader to the World Economic Forum.
那是來自于一位營銷領導,她最初建議我成為一個世界經濟論壇年輕的全球領導人。
She was familiar with my media engagements and my publications,
她很熟悉我的媒體參與和我發表的東西,
and when she was asked to voice her opinion, she highlighted my name.
而當她被要求表達意見時,她強調了我的名字。

It was a young consultant, a Saudi lady and friend,
這是一位年輕的顧問,一位沙烏地女士,是我的朋友,
who helped me sell my first project in Saudi Arabia,
她幫我在沙特阿拉伯賣出了我第一個項目,
a market I was finding hard to gain traction in as a woman.
作為一個女人,我發現很難在這市場得到吸引力。
She introduced me to a client, and that introduction led to the first of very many projects for me in Saudi.
她向我介紹一名客戶,而這場介紹開始了我在沙烏地眾多的項目的第一道曙光。
Today, I have two senior women on my team,
如今,在我的團隊內有兩個資深的女性,
and I see making them successful as key to my own success.
而我看見,讓她們成功,就是開啟我成功之路的鑰匙。
Women continue to advance in the world, not fast enough, but we're moving.
女性持續在世界上進步,還不算快,但我們正在努力。
The Arab world, too, is making progress, despite many recent setbacks.
阿拉伯世界也是如此,正在有所進展,盡管現在有很多障礙。
Just this year, the UAE appointed five new female ministers to its cabinet, for a total of eight female ministers.
就在今年,阿拉伯聯合酋長國指派五名新的女部長進入內閣,總計有8位女部長。
That's nearly 28 percent of the cabinet, and more than many developed countries can claim.
那相當于內閣人數的28%,可以說比許多已發達國家還多。
This is today my daughter Alia's favorite picture.
這是我女兒Alia現在最愛的圖片。
This is the result, no doubt, of great leadership,
不用懷疑,這是在偉大的領導之下的結果。
but it is also the result of strong Arab women not giving up and continuously pushing the boundaries.
但這也是杰出的阿拉伯女性的成就, 不放棄并且不斷的推動界線。
It is the result of Arab women deciding every day like me
這是阿拉伯女性每天像我一樣生活的結果,
to convert shit into fuel, to work their life, to keep work out of their life, and to join forces and not compete.
我們把負面能量轉換成動力,去安排他們的生活,在生活外保持發展,然后團結合作不對抗彼此。
As I look to the future, my hopes for my daughter when she stands on this stage some 20, 30 years from now
當我看向未來,我希望我的女兒從現在開始20、30年后,在那時,
are that she be as proud to call herself her mother's daughter as her father's daughter.
她能以自己是母親的女兒為傲,就跟是她父親的女兒一樣驕傲。
My hopes for my son are that by then, the expression "her mother's son" or "mama's boy"
我希望我的兒子在那時也是一樣,描述自己是“母親的兒子”或是“媽媽的男孩”,
would have taken on a completely different meaning. Thank you.
將會帶給我們完全不一樣的意義。謝謝。