As the ME generation: all I care about, all this generation cares about is
以自我為中心這一代人只關心
Well, let me just make more money , let me just get a bigger house ,
賺更多的錢 買大一點的房子
Let me just be more successful and accrue more eclats, more prestige .
更成功 取得更高榮譽變得更有威望
This is a false stereotype. Yes, eclats, prestige, money is important.
這是一種錯誤的刻板印象是的 榮譽 威望 金錢是重要的
It's important to most people in the world. A big deal.
這對大多數人來說都很重要甚至是最重要的
But were these people who have these stereotypes were they (?) Is that they see just that?
但有這些刻板印象的人他們只看到這些是最重要的嗎?
And they don't see the desire to make a difference. 1800 students at Harvard each year,
他們并不渴望改變世界每年哈佛有
About 1800 students are members of PBHA (Phillips Brooks House Association).
約1800名學生是PBHA(菲利普斯布魯克斯樓協會)的成員
That's not all. There are other students who outside PBHA and who volunteer.
不僅如此還有一些沒加入PBHA的學生甘當志愿者
Just about every single one of you. At least if we look at the statistics,
幾乎所有人都是看一下統計數據
Just about every single one of you, very soon,
你們每個人很快
After you leave Harvard, will join an organization, whether it could be your primary job or not
離開哈佛后 都將加入公司無論它是否你的主要工作
An organization that is a social enterprise, not for profit, something to better the world.
這個組織是個社會企業非盈利機構 只為貢獻社會而存在的
You'll be on boards of such organizations. You'll donate money to such organizations.
你會加入這樣一個組織你會捐錢給這些組織
Harvard grads are generous with their time, with their money, with their efforts,
哈佛畢業生一向慷慨 無論是對時間還是金錢和努力