Darkness settled over ever thing.
黑暗籠罩了一切。
Soon there were only shadows and the noises of the sheep chewing their cuds,
很快就只有影子和羊嚼草的聲音了,
and occasionally the rattle of a cow-chain up overhead.
偶爾還有頭頂上牛鏈子的格格聲。
You can imagine Wilbur's surprise when, out of the darkness, came a small voice he had never heard before.
因此,當黑暗中傳來一個威爾伯從沒聽到過的細小聲音時,它有多么吃驚,你們也就可想而知了。
It sounded rather thin, but pleasant.
這聲音聽上去很細,可是很好聽。
"Do you want a friend, Wilbur?" it said.
“你要一個朋友嗎,威爾伯?”那聲音說,
"I'll be a friend to you. I've watched you all day and I like you."
“我可以做你的朋友。我觀察你一整天了,我喜歡你。”
"But I can't see you," said Wilbur, jumping to his feet.
“可我看不見你,”威爾伯跳起來說,
"Where are you? And who are you?"
“你在哪里?你是誰?”
"I'm right up here," said the voice.
“我就在上面這兒,”那聲音說,
"Go to sleep. You'll see me in the morning."
“睡覺吧。明天早晨你就看見我了。”