Not enough. How can we get beyond that comfortably numb ? How can we get beyond that quiet desperation ?
還不止如此 我們要怎樣擺脫這種 舒適地麻木 ?要怎樣擺脫 沉默的壓抑 ?
To excitement, to joy, to happiness? In order to do that, we need to cultivate these traits.
得到振奮 快樂 幸福?為了達到這目的 我們需用心經營這些情感因素
Once again, they don't spontaneously emerge once the painful experiences go away.
再說一次 幸福不會自動出現并不是沒有痛苦就能感到幸福
And that is why we need positive psychology. Positive psychology essentially focuses on the health model,
因此我們才需要積極心理學積極心理學本質上就是健康模型
Salutogenesis. What is the source of health, physical, psychological, emotional?
健康本源學健康 生理 心理 情感之源是什么?
How do we get people to flourish, intellectually, emotionally, psychologically, interpersonally, intra personally?
我們如何讓人們從智力上 情感上心理上 人際關系上 人格上全面發展?
How do we get them to thrive beyond just getting rid of what is not working in their lives?
我們如何讓他們全面發展 而不僅僅是幫他們擺脫生活中不如意的事?
And under that model we see, to extremes on many levels. Here, the first level:
根據該模型 我們在許多層面上都走了極端第一個層次:
Do we focus on weaknesses, which is the disease model, say let's get rid of weaknesses?
我們是否重視缺點也就是疾病模型所說的我們要擺脫的缺點
Or do we focus on strength? While you ask people this question,
或者說 我們是否專注于優點?當你問別人這個問題
And this was done by the Gallup organization. A poll global poll,
蓋洛普組織做了這項研究一項全球民意調查顯示
Whether it's in Japan, China, United States or Europe: most people think that it's more important
無論是在日本 中國 美國或歐洲大多數人認為 如果要成功
To focus on their weaknesses if they are to succeed. Big mistake.
注重自己的缺點比優點更重要大錯特錯
The people who focus primarily, not only remember the also who shift the pendulum, who focus more on their strength,
那些同樣注重自己優點的人改變那個比率的人 更注重優點的人