And passing a budget that will make sure all of America's priorities are funded without resorting to shutdown threats and last-minute gimmicks.
投票通過預算確保所有美國的優先事項投資到位無停擺威脅臨近最后一刻的尷尬。
And none of this list even includes some other big priority that should get done.
列表中還沒有包括其他一些應該完成的高優先級的事項。
It's been almost a decade, for example, since Congress voted to raise the minimum wage.
例如自國會投票提高最低工資標準已經近10 年了。
None of this should be controversial. All of it is within our reach.
沒有一件事情應該是有爭議的。所有這些都屬于我們的工作范圍。
This is America – we can do anything. We just need a Congress that works as hard as you do.
這是美國,我們可以做任何事情。我們僅僅需要國會像你們一樣努力工作即可。
At the very least, we should expect that they do their jobs – and protect us from disease, help us recover from disaster,
至少我們應該期待他們做該做的工作,保護我們防控疾病,幫助我們災后重建家園,
keep the Supreme Court above politics, and help our businesses grow and hire.
保持最高法院遠離政治游戲,幫助我們的企業成長并提供就業機會。
So if any of these priorities matter to you, let your Congressperson know.
如果這些優先事項與你有關,就告訴你們選區的國會議員。
And if they still refuse to do their jobs – well, you know what to do in November.
如果他們仍然拒絕做他們的工作,那么十一月該做什么事,你懂的。
Our government only works as well as the people we elect. And that's entirely up to you.
我們的政府只會如我們的選民期待的那樣去工作。這完全取決于你們。
Thanks everybody, and have a great weekend.
謝謝大家,周末愉快。