"It is too bitter, much too bitter! I can't drink it."
“這太苦了!實在太苦了!我喝不下。”
"How do you know, when you haven't even tasted it?"
“你嘗都沒嘗怎么知道呢?”
"I can imagine it. I smell it. I want another lump of sugar, then I'll drink it."
“我想得出來!我聞到了氣味。我要再吃一塊糖,然后再喝。”
The Fairy, with all the patience of a good mother, gave him more sugar and again handed him the glass.
仙女像一個好媽媽那樣耐心,又給了他糖,然后重新遞給他杯子。
"I can't drink it like that," the Marionette said, making more wry faces.
“這樣我喝不下去!”木偶說著,更加顰眉蹙額了。
"Why?" -"Because that feather pillow on my feet bothers me." The Fairy took away the pillow.
“為什么?”- “因為腳上的枕頭礙著我了。”-于是仙女給他把枕頭拿開了。
"It's no use. I can't drink it even now." -"What's the matter now?"
“沒用的。這樣我還是不能喝。”-“現在又怎么了?”
"I don't like the way that door looks. It's half open." The Fairy closed the door.
“房門半開著,我不喜歡門這樣子。”于是仙女去把房門關上。
"I won't drink it," cried Pinocchio, bursting out crying. "I won't drink this awful water. I won't. I won't! No, no, no, no!"
“我不會喝的,”皮諾喬大哭大叫,“我不喝這討厭的水,我不喝,我不喝!不喝,不喝,不喝,不喝!”
"My boy, you'll be sorry." -"I don't care."
“我的孩子,你會后悔的。” -“我才不在乎。”
"You are very sick." -"I don't care."
“你病得很重。” -“我才不地乎。”
"In a few hours the fever will take you far away to another world." -"I don't care."
“幾個鐘頭內高燒就會奪走你的生命。” -“我才不在乎。”
"Aren't you afraid of death?" -"Not a bit. I'd rather die than drink that awful medicine."
“你不怕死?”-“一點兒都不怕。我寧愿死也不喝這種討厭的藥水。”
At that moment, the door of the room flew open and in came four Rabbits as black as ink, carrying a small black coffin on their shoulders.
正在這時候,房門突然打開了,進來了四只黑得像墨汁的兔子,肩膀上抬著一個小黑棺。