I'm not there to be wined and dined, and I certainly wouldn't compromise the Times, so I made up my mind at that point...I wouldn't take even a glass of water.
我不是來吃吃喝喝的我不是替《紐約時報》說話,是我自己的決定和習慣,我甚至在這些活動上連一杯水都不會喝。
I have something to eat before I go to work, and that's it.
我每次去工作前都會吃一些東西。
Period.
就這樣。
It's keeping a distance from what you're doing, so you can be more objective.
這樣做會讓我在工作時更具目標性。
Objective over what, I don't know, but, uh, it works for me.
大概是不會在派對上被那些美酒食物影響了拍照工作,總之,這樣的工作方法對我很有效。
New York society becomes harder and harder to define.
紐約的社交圈變得原來越難以定義。
The latest definition...is everything from the girls who smile for party pictures...to the old WASPs.
最新的一種說法是…包含著年輕的女孩和那些老的社交名媛。
He loves, like, an old, stylish gal.
他挺喜歡那些老的社交名媛。
Come on. He loves an old, stylish gal.
喜歡那些時尚的老女人。
And they all love him.
當然她們也喜歡他。
That's why I think...I don't know the history of Bill, but we suspected that there was some kind of society connection with Bill, because he also felt as comfortable with Lady Astor, and he knew all those people.
其實我不是很清楚Bill過去的經歷…但Bill的周圍是有他固定的社交圈子的,他和Astor女士這樣的人在一起也覺得很舒服,他熟識這些所有人。
I'm David Rockefeller.
我是David Rockefeller.
You look marvelous indeed.
你看起來美極了。
Isn't that nice? When you think of all that's going on, that they came tonight?
今晚來了這么多人,你很好么?
Why are you not making peace?
為什么不弄的安靜一些?
Hello, Bill. Come with me.
你好Bill,跟我來。
Brooke Astor...Someone like that is a rarity.
像Brooke Astor這樣的人是少見的。
She had such a human touch, a correctness, about her, but not in a stuffed-shirt way.
她很平易近人沒有距離感。
She immediately made people feel at ease.
和她在一起給人感覺很自然。
We're all the same. We all have the same problems.
她不會排斥別人,樂于結識新的朋友。
We all have family members that are whatever the hell it is.
我們都有著不同的家庭成員。
I've loved and admired my mother...for more than three-quarters of a century.
我這么多年以來一直很愛我的母親,很崇敬她。