That's all it's about.
整個城市都是這樣的。
There is...This is not a pleasant city to live in, aside from the fact that there are a lot of people, uh, here who are ambitious.
實話說,有時候住在這個城市是不舒服的…當你身邊有很多有野心的人。
People are very pushy socially in New York, but they don't wave a flag.
紐約人都很愛出風頭,他們不會舉個旗子來標明自己。
They just move in the right direction.
他們只需要去對地方。
The right direction is toward Bill Cunningham's camera.
如果被Bill的相機拍下來,就是證明自己身份的一種方式。
I don't think that Bill considers himself a social arbiter. I really don't consider him as being someone who gets a lift out of being with these people.
但我相信Bill從來不把自己當做一個界定別人身份地位的標準。他和這些人絕不是一類人。
Yeah, that's it! Yeah.
好,就這樣。
That's...That's the way.
這樣很好。
Yeah, it's a nice expression.
這個姿勢很好。
None of this stiff stuff.
不會顯得不自然。
You caught us napping. -I get that with the benefactors up there.
被你發現我們在拍照。-很幸運,這張拍這么好。
How you doing today there? -Okay, kid.
嘿,你今天怎么樣?-我很好。
There's a little fish in the back.
后面那里有些魚。
Would they bring you some fish over to the other side?
需要他們給你拿一些魚過來么?
Oh, no. I don't want anything. -Are you sure?
哦,不,我什么都不要-你確定么?
Oh, yeah. I eat with my eyes.
是的,我光看就能填飽自己了。
Yeah, I know, but you need to keep your body up too.
我明白…但你也要保證體力呀。
Hmm? You won't let me get you a little plate?
嗯…你不需要我幫你盛一小盤么?
Oh, no. No, thank you, Mary.
哦,不不…不用了Mary。
Nobody would see you.
沒人會注意到的。
No. Thank you, child. Okay.
哦,真的不需要了好吧。
A lot of people think it's a little peculiar...that I never have a drink or something like that, but I made up my mind...Oh, at Women's Wear.
很多人會覺得奇怪…在這些活動上,我從來不吃也不喝,但我是這么想的我的關注點在那些女士的著裝。
People were always wining and dining you, and I thought, "Well, I'm not into that."
他們總是給我端來美酒和美食,但我對這些真的不感興趣。
And I'm there just to report for the Times.
我來參加這些活動只是為了《紐約時報》的報道。