"I also am dead."
“我也死了。”
"Dead? What are you doing at the window, then?"
“死了,那你現在在窗口干嗎?”
"I am waiting for the coffin to take me away."
“我在等棺材來把我給裝走。”
After these words, the little girl disappeared and the window closed without a sound.
說完這句話,小女孩就不見了,窗子也悄聲無息地關上了。
"Oh, Lovely Maiden with Azure Hair," cried Pinocchio, "open, I beg of you.
“噢,天藍色頭發的可愛少女,”皮諾喬大叫,“開門吧,求你了。
Take pity on a poor boy who is being chased by two Assass--"
請你同情這個可憐的男孩,他后面正追著殺人的……”
He did not finish, for two powerful hands grasped him by the neck
他還沒說完,因為他的脖子被兩只有力的手給掐住了,
and the same two horrible voices growled threateningly: "Now we have you!"
還聽到那同樣的兩個聲音在咆哮著威脅說:“我們抓住你啦!”。
The Marionette, seeing death dancing before him,
木偶看到死亡近在眼前,
trembled so hard that the joints of his legs rattled and the coins tinkled under his tongue.
哆嗦得兩條腿的關節卡嗒卡嗒響,藏在舌頭底下的硬幣也響起來了。
"Well," the Assassins asked, "will you open your mouth now or not?
“怎么樣,”殺人強盜問他說。“你開還是不開口?
Ah! You do not answer? Very well, this time you shall open it."
怎么!不回答?很好,這一次一定把你的嘴弄開。”
Taking out two long, sharp knives, they struck two heavy blows on the Marionette's back.
他們拔出兩把很長很利的刀子,往木偶的背上狠狠地敲了兩下。
Happily for him, Pinocchio was made of very hard wood and the knives broke into a thousand pieces.
所幸的是,皮諾喬是用很硬的木頭做的,因此刀斷成了好多片。
The Assassins looked at each other in dismay, holding the handles of the knives in their hands.
兩個殺人強盜手里握著刀柄,沮喪的看著對方。