"A false knight!" Sir Marq said.
“這家伙是個虛偽的騎士!”馬柯爵士道,
"Lord Tywin’s mad dog."
“他是泰溫大人的瘋狗。”
"My lord Hand," Pycelle declared in a stiff voice,
“首相大人,”派席爾語氣僵硬地說,
"I urge you to remind this good knight that Lord Tywin Lannister is the father of our own gracious queen."
“還請您提醒這位‘正直’的騎士先生,泰溫·蘭尼斯特大人是我們王后陛下的父親。”
"Thank you, Grand Maester Pycelle," Ned said.
“謝謝您,派席爾大學士,”奈德道,
"I fear we might have forgotten that if you had not pointed it out."
“您若不提起,只怕我們都忘了。”
From his vantage point atop the throne, he could see men slipping out the door at the far end of the hall.
從高高的王座上,他看到大廳盡頭有人溜出去。
Hares going to ground, he supposed...or rats off to nibble the queen’s cheese.
兔子就這么跑走了,他心想……不,應該說是貪戀王后奶酪的耗子吧。
He caught a glimpse of Septa Mordane in the gallery, with his daughter Sansa beside her.
他瞥見茉丹修女帶著珊莎站在走廊上,
Ned felt a flash of anger;
頓時火冒三丈:
this was no place for a girl.
這不是小女孩該來的地方。
But the septa could not have known that today’s court would be anything but the usual tedious business of hearing petitions,
但修女事先也不可能料想到今天的會議內容并非繁冗的日常雜務——聆聽百姓請愿,
settling disputes between rival holdfasts, and adjudicating the placement of boundary stones.
調解村鎮間紛爭,以及判定土地界石劃分等等。
At the council table below, Petyr Baelish lost interest in his quill and leaned forward.
下方的議事桌邊,培提爾·貝里席終于玩膩了他的羽毛筆,傾身向前道:
"Sir Marq, Sir Karyl, Sir Raymun, perhaps I might ask you a question?
“馬柯爵士,卡列爾爵士,雷蒙爵士——可否容我問個問題?
These holdfasts were under your protection.
這幾個村子都是由你們所管轄與保護,
Where were you when all this slaughtering and burning was going on?"
請問屠殺發生當時諸位又在何地呢?”
Sir Karyl Vance answered."I was attending my lord father in the pass below the Golden Tooth, as was Sir Marq.
卡列爾·凡斯爵士回答:“當時我與家父都在金牙城下的山口,馬柯爵士也是。