Lesson 3 Around Town
第三課 城鎮地標
October 7
10月7日
There is No Power!
停電了!
Read it!
讀讀看!
There is a big storm outside.
外面有暴風雨來襲。
A tree fell on a power line.
一棵樹倒在電線上,
Now the line is down, and there is no electricity.
導致電線倒塌,造成停電。
The studio is dark!
攝影棚一片漆黑!
Rob cannot record his show.
羅柏沒辦法錄制他的節目,
What can he do?
他該怎么辦?
Abby can call the electric company.
雅碧可以打電話給電力公司,
They can send a repairman.
他們可以派維修人員過來。
The repairman can fix the problem.
維修人員能夠解決問題,
But he needs a few hours.
可是需要幾個小時的時間。
Conversation A
會話A
Rob! What are you doing here?
羅柏!你在這里做什么?
Why aren't you recording?
你不是在錄節目嗎?
Hi, Taylor. I was recording.
嗨,泰樂。我本來是在錄節目呀,
But now there's a problem.
可是現在有個問題。
What problem?
什么問題?
The whole studio is dark.
整個攝影棚一片漆黑。
What do you mean?
什么意思?
The studio has no power. The power is out.
攝影棚沒有電力, 停電了。
Maybe the storm is the problem.
也許是暴風雨的關系,
It's still raining outside.
外面還在下雨。
I know. What can we do?
是啊,我們該怎么辦?
We can wait for Abby. She's coming soon.
我們可以等雅碧, 她馬上就過來了。
Conversation B
會話B
Hi, Rob. Hi, Taylor.
嗨,羅柏;嗨,泰樂,
I called the electric company.
我打電話給電力公司了。
Thank you, Abby.
雅碧,謝謝妳。
You're welcome. A repairman is coming.
不客氣。有個維修人員要過來了。
Great. Thanks, Abby.
太好了。雅碧,謝了。
Did you have a guest on your show today, Rob?
羅柏,你今天的節目上有來賓嗎?
No. I was recording a news report today.
沒有,我今天錄的是一篇新聞報導。
Oh, OK.
哦,好。
Your phone is ringing, Abby.
雅碧,妳的手機響了。
Oh. The electric company is calling.
哦,是電力公司打來的。
Conversation C
會話C
Thank you for coming so soon.
謝謝你這么快過來,
The storm outside is bad!
外面的暴風雨很大!
I know. Lots of people are calling us.
我知道,很多人都打電話給我們。
Why is the studio's power out? Do you know?
攝影棚為什么停電了?你知道嗎?
Yes. A tree fell on a power line.
知道。一棵樹倒在電線上。
Oh, no! Where?
真糟糕!在哪里?
Right outside your building.
就在你們的大樓外面。
The line is down.
電線倒塌了,
The electric company can fix it.
電力公司可以修理,
But we need a few hours.
可是我們需要幾個小時的時間。
OK. I can let everyone know.
好,我可以告訴大家。