October 8
10月8日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Storms can be dangerous.
暴風雨可能會很危險。
They can cause blackouts.
那可能會導致停電,
They can blow down trees on power lines and cars, too!
也可能吹倒樹木而壓在電線和車輛上!
So be careful outside. Drive safely!
所以,外出要小心。開車要注意安全!
Sometimes the station loses power during storms.
有時候,電視臺在暴風雨期間會停電。
Sometimes Taipei loses power during typhoons.
有時候,臺北在臺風期間會停電。
Losing power in the winter can be dangerous!
冬天停電可能會是很危險的事情!
People can freeze.
民眾可能會受凍。
But don't worry, people have cellphones.
不過別擔心,大家都有手機,
They can call the electric company!
他們可以打電話給電力公司!
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Abby. We fixed the power line.
嗨,雅碧。電線修好了,
Your power should be fine now.
你們的電力應該恢復了。
Oh, great. Now we can continue with our programs.
太好了, 這下我們可以繼續錄我們的節目了。
Thank you for being patient.
謝謝你的耐心。
Of course! Thank you for your help.
這是當然要的啰!謝謝你的幫忙。
If you have any more problems, please call us.
如果還有其他問題,請打電話給我們。
OK, I will.
好,我會的。
Well, I have more work to do.
我還有別的工作要做,
Other people are without power.
還有其他人也停電了。
Be careful outside. Drive safely!
你在外面要小心,開車要注意安全喔!
Conversation B
會話B
Does the studio lose power often, Abby?
雅碧,攝影棚常停電嗎?
No, not very often.
不常,
But we sometimes lose power during storms.
可是我們有時候會在暴風雨期間停電。
Do you lose power often in Taipei?
你們在臺北會常停電嗎?
No. We rarely lose power.
不會,我們很少停電,
But we do sometimes lose power during typhoons.
可是有時候會在臺風期間停電。
Losing power during a storm can be very dangerous.
在惡劣天氣時停電會是非常危險的事情。
That's true. If you lose power in the winter, you get very cold!
的確, 如果在冬天停電,就會很冷!
Yes. You can freeze!
是啊,你可能會凍壞了!
Conversation C
會話C
The power is back on. I'm glad.
我很高興,電力恢復了。
Me, too. Storms can be so dangerous.
我也是。暴風雨是很危險,
They can cause blackouts.
可能會導致停電,
They can blow down trees on power lines, too!
也可能會把樹木吹倒,壓斷電線!
I know! But we are really lucky.
是啊!可是我們實在很幸運。
What do you mean?
什么意思?
We have telephones and cellphones.
我們有電話和手機。
Even during a blackout, we can call the electric company.
就算在停電期間,我們也可以打電話給電力公司。
Oh, you're right. We are lucky that the phones still work!
哦,你說得對。我們很幸運,電話都還可以用!