September 30
9月30日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Games are fun to play.
游戲很好玩,
Susie and Abby like to play checkers.
蘇希和雅碧喜歡玩跳棋,
They are going to play Chinese checkers during lunch.
她們要在午休時間玩跳棋。
Rob wants to play, too.
羅柏也想玩,
But he doesn't want Alex to beat them.
可是他不想讓亞力克斯贏他們。
Alex is a genius at games and always wins.
亞力克斯是玩游戲的天才,每玩必贏。
During a game of chess, Alex uses his queen for a sneaky move.
在一場國際象棋當中,亞力克斯利用他的皇后誘騙對手。
Checkmate, Rob!
羅柏,你被將死了!
Conversation A
會話A
What are you doing during lunch today, Susie?
蘇希,妳今天午休時間要做什么?
Abby and I are playing checkers!
雅碧和我要下跳棋!
Fun! Everyone is playing games now.
真好玩!現在大家都在玩游戲,
It started with Taylor's chess set.
都是從泰樂的國際象棋組開始的。
Yeah! Playing games is a good idea.
是啊!玩游戲是個好主意。
Do you want to play, too, Rob?
羅柏,你也想玩嗎?
I do. But only two people can play checkers.
我想玩,可是跳棋只能兩個人下。
You're right. But we are playing Chinese checkers!
沒錯,可是我們玩的是中國跳棋!
Conversation B
會話B
Many people can play Chinese checkers.
中國跳棋可以很多人一起玩。
That's right. So you can play with us.
沒錯, 所以你可以和我們一起玩。
Can we invite others to play, too?
我們可以邀請別人一起玩嗎?
Sure. Let's invite Alex to play!
當然可以,我們來邀請亞力克斯吧!
No, don't! He's a genius at games.
不要,不可以邀請他!他是玩游戲的天才,
He'll beat everyone.
他會打敗所有人的。
That's OK, Rob.
沒關系啦,羅柏,
Games aren't only about winning.
玩游戲的重點不只是為了贏,
They're about having fun with friends!
也是為了和朋友一起玩得開心呀!
I know. But I like winning.
我知道,可是我喜歡贏。
Maybe I can beat him at a different game next time!
說不定我下次可以在不同的游戲里贏他!
Conversation C
會話C
Be careful! I have a lot of your pieces.
小心!我已經吃了你的很多棋子,
And your king is in danger.
你的國王也危險了。
I know. You're so good at this game.
是啊。你很擅長國際象棋,
But I have a secret move.
可是我暗中布了局。
Check!
將軍!
Not for long. Here comes my queen.
你得意不了多久的。我的皇后來了,
She's the strongest piece!
她是我最強的棋子!
Well. That was a sneaky move.
嗯,你這一招還真狡猾,
But watch this!(Rob moves piece.)
不過看我這招!
Haha!
哈哈!
Haha yourself. Checkmate!
還笑呢。將死了!
Congratulations, Alex! You won.
恭喜,亞力克斯,你贏了!
I did! But it's OK.
沒錯,可是沒關系,
Games are about having fun!
玩游戲好玩比較重要!
Wasn't that fun, Rob?
這局棋很好玩,羅柏,對不對?